The MEAL Coordinator will be responsible to plan and lead the execution of the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning processes for the Syria/Turkey Response program of Qatar Charity in Turkey. S/He will ensure that program quality and effectiveness aspects are timely planned for, recorded, analyzed and shared back to the implementation teams to bring improvements at the outcome and impact level.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- To plan, manage and supervise regular data collection through implementing partners and field staff and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations
- To manage the processes to record and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- To analyze and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Project staff and Partners.
- Support partners in conducting baseline surveys, evaluations, monitoring and KAP surveys
- Lead the processed for planning and budgeting of the program quality functions
- Leading on in planning and designing need assessments, situation analysis, baselines and other field research activities.
- To develop good capacity and become well-conversant on the humanitarian principles CHS and other relevant global standards.
- Support Program Quality team in dealing with any other tasks as may be required
- Develop project monitoring plan (PMP) of the projects in line with project LFA and consulting with project team and partners
- Coordinate with Implementing Partners (IPs) and field staff for collecting data against agreed indicators
- Engage with IPs and field staff to collect and manage essential data of their respective projects
- Ensure quality of data collected by partners and field teams
- Provide feedback to partners and project teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings
- Contribute in the process of building capacity of field staff and the IPs on Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead in the process of designing, coordinating and conducting project evaluations (mid-term and end-line) reports
- Lead in the process of designing and conducting Post Implementation Monitoring Surveys and feedbacks from the stakeholders.
- Lead in the process of conducting the review of the project and programs data
- Support partners and field staff in designing and disseminating research studies by providing relevant input
- To develop complaint mechanism standards and procedures and provide orientation to the project staff and beneficiaries for effective utilization of this.
- To ensure that the complaint mechanisms process is communicated to the beneficiaries, communities at large and other stakeholders utilizing user-friendly information material
- To address and manage the complaints with high level of integrity, impartiality and confidentiality according to the set procedures
Reporting and Documentation
- Review quarterly, six-month and annual reports of projects and programs
- Develop and share field visit reports with relevant QC staff and monthly and quarterly updates and learning journals for the MEAL activities
- Upload key reports and media coverage to the relevant persons at the country office.
Learning Sharing and Program Effectiveness
- Share learning from M&E process with the relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Support partners and field staff in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in ongoing projects
- Promote culture of two way learning in the organization
- Work collaboratively with different programs for strengthening integration and cross-learning in programs
- Proactively volunteer for various team activities
- Show an eagerness to take on any other tasks assigned by the line manager
- Masters’ degree in any social science discipline
- 4-years experience in monitoring and evaluating, data collection and report writing
- Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
- Thematic and programmatic knowledge of at least 2 of the QC core thematic areas of Health, Education, WASH and Livelihood.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office packages, PowerBI, COBO and other relevant softwares
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Arabic is essential; Turkish will be of high advantage
- QC employees are expected to work in accordance with the Organization’s core values, aims and objectives. They should be sympathetic to the cultural norms of behavior QC believes in.
QATAR CHARITY TURKEY OFFICE
In the performance of its activities in cooperation with different humanitarian and development partners, Qatar Charity is committed to the principles of partnership such as equality, transparency, responsibility, and integration. QC is also committed to the fundamental humanitarian principles of independence, neutrality and impartiality.