Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty, and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since the beginning of the Syrian and Iraqi crises, a massive influx of external population movements has taken place through the Turkish border into inside Turkey. Over 3 million refugees, migrants & asylum seekers are currently hosted in Turkey which led to an increasing demand for health services and put a serious burden on the system. A need arose for permanent health facilities to provide services; and hence improve access to the services to a large number of refugees and migrants.
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities Afrin provinces and Idlib to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Antakya, the MEAL Manager will be under line management of Syria Technical Programme Coordinator based in Antakya with technical links to DDD MEAL Coordinator based in Istanbul. The position involves field visits to Afrin area, Syria, based on security and legal context on bi-monthly basis.
MEAL Manager will be a technical referent for staff in charge of MEAL-tasks
Status: Fixed-Term Contract (6 Months - with possible extension)
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Oversight of Data systems administration
- Oversight of M&E Data collection
- Data analysis
- Internal and External Reporting
- Other related tasks
Monitoring & Evaluation
- In coordination with Information Management Specialist, overseeing the implementation of online data collection systems (e.g., DHIS2);
- In collaboration with Medical/MHPSS teams and Information Management Specialist, ensure that data collected by field teams meets the dimension of data quality i.e. reliability, accuracy, timeliness, completeness and integrity;
- Producing internal M&E reports containing summary data analysis, trends recommendations, including follow – up of recommendations with relevant teams;
- Providing relevant inputs to the external reporting;
- In coordination with the relevant roles, overseeing the data collection for needs assessment studies;
- Working closely with medical team, Information Management Spealist to ensure harmonized understanding of each indicators’ definition is being followed within the related data collection tools;
- Providing technical support to field teams and support the development of monitoring tools to be implemented during field monitoring visits in DDD and partners’ visits (e.g. check lists, etc.);
- Providing of on-the-job capacity building to DDD staff and partners on data collection tasks;
- Working closely with Continued Medical Education Managers to ensure data collected on capacity building is in line with internal and donor requirements;
- Ensuring that data collected is analyzed and used for the purpose of project planning, project management, strategic planning and decision making.
- Providing technical support to relevant field teams to ensure effective implementation of the Feedback and Complaints mechanism in all project locations;
- Receiving written complaints from beneficiaries through a dedicated WhatsApp number, ensure adequate referrals and complaints management by relevant colleagues;
- Managing complaints registry and ensure adequate filing of complaints reports, keeping with principles of confidentiality;
- Ensuring ongoing review of accountability practices at field level, including community engagement practices (such as Health Committees);
- Providing advice to management and field teams on ways to improve accountability and participatory approached towards beneficiaries and communities through sharing of best practices.
Evaluation and Learning
- Contributing to evaluations, reviews, surveys, assessments or special studies focusing on the overall performance programs;
- Overseeing the processes and initiatives (i.e., learning review meetings) to capture lessons learnt and good practices;
- Monitoring and ensuring that a management response to the findings and recommendations of evaluations is completed, recorded, and followed up.
- Coordinate and supervise the MEAL team which is working under his/her line management, defining their action plan and deadlines, and supporting in conflict resolutions;
- Support the personal and professional evolution of the team members, as well as their development within the mission;
- Ensure respect and application of the Internal regulation, supporting the HR Department to define/adjust the rules considering the feedbacks from the team;
- Contribute to the recruitment and capacity building of team members, proposing relevant adaptations to the organisational chart of the mission, in collaboration with the line manager;
- Providing regular reporting to the MEAL Coordinator (bilateral meeting etc.);
- Providing the MEAL Coordinator with a Mission report and/or Handover document at the end of the assignment.
- Contributing to monthly project reporting (SitReps) and donor reports as required.
- With the support from MEAL Department in Istanbul, ensure ongoing capacity building and skills transfer to Syria Program team on MEAL-related topics;
- Provide support in developing internal and donors logical frameworks and indicators;
- With the support from MEAL Department in Istanbul, leading and following up the conduction of needs assesment on the field supporting annual review of MEAL practices/system and provide recommendations to management.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
University Degree in statistics, social sciences, public health, economics or any field related to Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Minimum three years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in humanitarian organization;
- Team management experience for at least one year
- Hands on experience within database development/management, Commcare and/or DHIS2, MS. Excel, data analysis software and tools and IT in general;
- Experience in collaborative environments and maintaining working relationships with several departments;
- Knowledge of humanitarian context in Syria;
- Knowledge of health sector in humanitarian organizations;
- Knowledge of donor mechanisms such as ECHO, SDC, BHA and German Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Required: Arabic and English (oral and written);
General Qualities required:
- Humanitarian values;
- Critical Thinking;
- Sense of initiative;
- Strong work ethics and Professionalism;
- Time Management skills;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) Offers:
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Opportunity to take initiative and realise your ideas;
- Training opportunities;
- Full-time contract.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
The deadline for submitting the applications is 18/10/2022.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- PHC Doctor Idlib, Al Dana
- Paediatrician Idlib
- Referral Assistant Idlib
- CFS Supervisor Idlib
- PSS Worker – Child Friendly Space Idlib
- Case Worker – Child Friendly Space Idlib
- Outreach Worker Idlib
- Data Entry Operator Idlib
- Cleaner Idlib
- Gynaecologist Idlib, Al Doaa
- SRH Counsellor İzmir
- Programme Director
- MEAL Manager Turkey
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Project Administration & Logistic Assistant
- Pharmacy Manager Antakya