Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty, and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since the beginning of the Syrian and Iraqi crises, a massive influx of external population movements has taken place through the Turkish border into inside Turkey. Over 3 million refugees, migrants & asylum seekers are currently hosted in Turkey which led to an increasing demand for health services and put a serious burden on the system. A need arose for permanent health facilities to provide services; and hence improve access to the services to a large number of refugees and migrants.
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities Afrin provinces and Idlib to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Istanbul, the MEAL Manager will be under line management of DDD MEAL Coordinator, based in Istanbul with technical links to Turkey Technical Programme Coordinator
- MEAL Manager will be a line manager of staff in charge of MEAL tasks.
- Will conduct field visits inside Turkey.
- Will be lead responsible for Turkey programme related tasks.
- Also on rare occasions, when requested by line manager, will support programme as well.
Status Fixed-Term Contract (6 Months - with possible extension)
Expected Starting date ASAP
- Monitoring of the project – mostly through MEAL teams or through reported data.
- Overview and leading the Accountability systems and policies (including, Feedback and Complaint Response Mechanism)
- Conducted schedule and ad-hoc assessments, for quality control or analysis.
- Evaluation or impact analysis for future project design or current projects improvements.
- Learns learned assessments
- Data systems management
- Data collection and analysis
- Reporting (monthly, quarterly, mid-term and final)
- Other related tasks
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Managing the data management systems implemented in the field, including the facilitation of implementing of new systems (e.g. Commcare and DHIS2), in Supervision/collaboration with MIS officer.
- Supporting field and Medical/MHPSS teams in the data collection when needed.
- In collaboration with Medical/MHPSS teams, ensure that data collected by field teams meets the dimension of data quality i.e. reliability, accuracy, timeliness, completeness and integrity;
- Working closely with the Medical/MHPSS teams to ensure that quality data is updated on a monthly basis in internal data management system.
- Ensuring that information reported by the field meets MEAL and Donors requirements, in collaboration with Grants Manager and Reporting Officer.
- Producing M&E reports containing summary data and analysis.
- Providing data to MEAL Coordinator for reporting and operational purposes.
- Controlling the respect of the standard beneficiary/indicator’s method of calculation for the mission and calculate the targets.
- Working closely with medical team to ensure common and harmonized understanding of each indicators’ definition and related use of data collection tools.
- Providing technical support to field teams and support the development of monitoring tools to be implemented during field monitoring visits in DDD and partners’ visits (e.g., check lists, etc.);
- Providing of on-the-job capacity building to DDD staff and partners on data collection tasks.
- Ensure that data collected provides insight into vulnerability factors and
- Working closely with Continued Medical Education Managers to ensure data collected on capacity building is in line with internal and donor requirements.
- Ensuring that data collected is analyzed and used for the purpose of project planning, project management, strategic planning and decision making.
- Providing technical support to Field Manager, Field Officers and other field staff to ensure effective implementation of the Feedback and Complaints mechanism in all project locations.
- Receiving written complaints from beneficiaries through a dedicated WhatsApp number, ensure adequate referrals and complaints management by relevant colleagues.
- Managing complaints registrar and ensure adequate filing of complaints reports, keeping with principles of confidentiality.
- Ensuring ongoing review of accountability practices at field level, including community engagement practices (such as Health Committees);
- Providing advice to management and field teams on ways to improve accountability and participatory approached towards beneficiaries and communities through sharing of best practices.
Evaluation and Learning
- Contributing to evaluations, reviews, surveys, assessments or special studies focusing on the overall performance programs.
- Supporting the project team and partners in extracting lessons learnt and good practices especially from the field visits.
- Monitoring and ensuring that a management response to the findings and recommendations of evaluations is completed, recorded, and followed up.
- Providing regular reporting to the MEAL Coordinator (bilateral meeting etc.);
- Providing the MEAL Coordinator with a Mission report and/or Handover document at the end of the assignment.
- Contributing to monthly project reporting (SitReps) and donor reports as required.
- With the support from MEAL Department in Istanbul, ensure ongoing capacity building and skills transfer to Program team on MEAL-related topics;
- Provide support in developing internal and donors logical frameworks and indicators;
- With the support from MEAL Department in Istanbul, leading and following up the conduction of needs assessment on the field supporting annual review of MEAL practices/system and provide recommendations to management.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
University Degree in statistics, social sciences, public health, economics or any field related to Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Minimum two years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in humanitarian organization;
- Excellent knowledge in database development/management, Commcare, Excel, data analysis software and Microsoft package and IT in general;
- Experience in collaborative environments and maintaining working relationships with several departments;
- Knowledge of humanitarian context in Turkey;
- Knowledge of health sector in humanitarian organizations;
- Knowledge of donor mechanisms such as ECHO, SDC and German Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Required: English (oral and written);
Asset: Turkish and Arabic
General Qualities required:
- Only candidates that are Turkish ID holders and legally able to work in Turkey will be considered
- Humanitarian values;
- Critical Thinking;
- Sense of initiative;
- Strong work ethics and Professionalism;
- Time Management skills;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
The deadline for submitting the applications is 24/12/2022.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- PHC Doctor Idlib, Al Dana
- Paediatrician Idlib
- Referral Assistant Idlib
- CFS Supervisor Idlib
- PSS Worker – Child Friendly Space Idlib
- Case Worker – Child Friendly Space Idlib
- Outreach Worker Idlib
- Data Entry Operator Idlib
- Cleaner Idlib
- Gynaecologist Idlib, Al Doaa
- SRH Counsellor İzmir
- MEAL Manager Syria
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Administration & Logistic Assistant
- Programme Coordinator Turkey
- SRH Counsellor
- Referral Assistant İzmir
- Data & Reporting Officer
- MHPSS/Protection Manager
- Clinical Psychologist
- UKRANIAN TRANSLATOR