MEAL Officer – Gaziantep (Ref: QC_ME_01/2019)
|QATAR CHARITY TURKEY OFFICE||Gaziantep|
|Meal Officer||Sivil Toplum|
|Arapça (B1, Level 3, Pre-Intermediate ),İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)|
Base Location: Gaziantep with field visits as and when required
Reporting to: MEAL Coordinator
Contract Duration: 06 Months contract extendable depending upon performance and funding
Starting Date: ASAP
Closing Date: February 03, 2019
About Qatar Charity: Qatar Charity (QC) is anon-governmental organization working in both relief and development. With aconsiderable regional capacity, QC is a leading humanitarian organization in the Middle East region committed to transforming adversity into revival for the world's most vulnerable populations. By working with beneficiaries and communities, QC is keen to develop the links and continuum between relief activities and long term community development projects.
In the performance of its activities in cooperation with different humanitarian and development partners,Qatar Charity is committed to the principles of partnership such as equality,transparency, responsibility, and integration. QC is also committed to the fundamental humanitarian principles of independence, neutrality and impartiality.
For the last three decades, Qatar Charity has achieved both consistent and considerable growth in terms of its operations and institutionalization and is currently working in more than 70 countries across the world, with field offices in 32 countries.
QC has a membership of the United Nations Economic and Social Council Since 1997; and is a member of various fora-and networks the recent being the START Network. QC is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs since 2009.
The purpose of this job is to ensure that the performance and quality of implementation is regularly tracked, recorded and timely reported while bench marking quality criteria and indicators agreed with Quality Assurance Department.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties:
·To develop the monitoring and evaluation plans of the projects being implemented in line with the project LFA and in consultation of the project teams.
· To plan and collect the data from field as per the monthly project implementation plan activities
· To coordinate with the project staff to ensure that their monitoring activities are being conducted regularly and shared on timely manner.
· Ensure quality of data collected by partners and field teams
· To review and manage the weekly field visit plans of the M&E staff in field projects.
· To ensure that findings are being shared with the project management staff of QC or that of the partner organizations to ensure that the findings are being communicated and rectified timely.
· To develop monthly M&E reports for-each projects and share with the relevant staff as per defined protocols and timeline.
· To offer recommendations for the observations and findings in the field which require immediate (or prolonged)actions and rectifications from the project management staff.
Evaluations & Need Assessments
· Conduct the pre and post implementation monitoring surveys and feed backs from the stakeholders including the beneficiaries, general public, government departments and the project staff.
· To conduct the need assessments activities in the field as per the guidelines from the MEAL Coordinator and collect the necessary data as per the tools and techniques defined
· To ensure that the data collected by the M&E staff and by the implementing organizations is of high quality as per the set processes and standards of the data collection.
· To share the data and reports of the evaluations and the need assessments with the timeline
· To Support partners and field staff in designing and disseminating research studies by providing relevant input as and when required.
· To manage the objectives of the Complaints Response Mechanism within the QC areas of response.
·To improve processes and procedures to address complaints and feedback, and work with the Accountability Officer to develop accountability mechanisms.
· To manage and develop Accountability to Affected Population AAP policies and procedures.
Reporting, Learning and Documentation
· To prepare the monitoring and evaluation reports for all the assigned projects
· Contribute in preparing initial drafts of projects reports by the project managers
· Develop and share field visit reports with relevant QC staff at Gaziantep Office
· Share key reports and media coverage to the relevant persons at Gaziantep Office
· Contributing in proposal development and review process
· University degree in any social science discipline focusing research methodologies
· 2-year experience in monitoring and evaluating, data collection, report writing and project management
· Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
· Sound knowledge of MS Office packages specially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Effective report writing skills
· Fluency in Arabic and English is essential
· QC employees are expected to work in accordance with the Organization’s core values, aims and objectives. They should be sympathetic to the cultural norms of behavior QC believes in.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs and a motivation letter to the provided email address in the apply button by Feb 03, 2019, mentioning the position they applied for in the email title. Please bear in mind that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.QC will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf.
No phone calls are accepted. We are equal opportunity employer.
QATAR CHARITY TURKEY OFFICE
In the performance of its activities in cooperation with different humanitarian and development partners, Qatar Charity is committed to the principles of partnership such as equality, transparency, responsibility, and integration. QC is also committed to the fundamental humanitarian principles of independence, neutrality and impartiality.