Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential.We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised $2 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, ensuring that they are able to survive, learn and be protected whatever their circumstances, including in times of humanitarian crisis.
As part of our strategic plan to reach ‘Every Last Child’, we have made it a global priority to build humanitarian, advocacy and campaigning capability, to become truly global – driving stronger and more diversified funding, and to maximize the use of our knowledge, systems, capacity and culture. We are doing whatever it takes to reach the world’s most excluded children. With your help we can ensure the world puts children first, and that we can tackle the barriers that prevent them from surviving and thriving. We won’t stop until every last child survives and fulfills their potential.
Level 2 – the responsibilities of the post may require the potholder to have some contact with or access to children or young people
To create and update the information management needed databases for each of the above sector portfolios, in addition to data cleaning and analysis to feed the reporting requirements and to participate the best quality of programming.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
Budget responsibility: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The CTP MEAL Officer will be responsible for the following:
Data Collection Capacity:
· Proactively engage with cash based response partners to compile information on their activities, updating CBR interventions matrix
· Collect the 4Ws data from the partners and update it on a monthly basis, sending it on to the TWG CBR
· Review incoming data for completeness and consistency and advise the Livelihoods team on the tools for improving data logging, entry and processing.
· Manage CBR curated database (monitor quality of information to be shared according to the information sharing protocol)
· Work with the MEAL unit to implement digital data systems that can capture data electronically as close to the source as possible.
· Help the sector officers and partners to build their capacity in efficient data collection and management processes, including support with software applications.
· Provide the sector partners with the updated IPTTs / MEAL Plan and receive monthly reports against them.
· Supporting developing and amending the needed tools for M&E (Observations, PDMs,Baseline/Endline Studies…etc.)
Information Management Systems:
· Update and maintain the FSL data base
· Compilation of relevant reports, plan sand information/data documents and sharing with the livelihoods team needed.
· Work with the MEAL regional unit and project teams to utilize the platform for the Rims regional information management system.
· Feedback on the conduction of RIMS to the concerned parties (Regional IT Unit, Regional Meal Unit) to review the technical issues accordingly.
· Work with the MEAL unit and sector teams to ensure that RIMS is functioning well.
· Play a key role in supporting training and roll out of RIMs.
Data analysis & use:
· Bethe primary focal point with partners for data management, developing and maintaining FSL and Cash databases, in addition to the conducted Monitoring and Evaluation tools.
· Become the primary analyst for weekly data, monitoring trends and highlighting concerns.
· Support coordination, analysis and draft findings for FSL and Cash technical surveys as well as multi sector assessments, generic surveys and evaluations as needed.
· Coordinate with PM and MEAL CO to review weekly/monthly data submissions from each partner team, including MEAL plans per partner as well as project achievement tools.
· In collaboration with MEAL Coordinator, Provide monthly analysis and reporting against the needed regular requirements with appropriate set of recommendations to the program management as a part of the Learning process.
· Develop analysis and top line reports for FSL and Cash to be communicated with internal and external stakeholders.
· Support the sector team(s) in donor reporting with accurate figures.
· Maintain the confidentially of the documents/system and their contents
· Maintain filing system for FSL and Cash data in soft and hard copies.
. Perform other duties and act for the relevant manager as required.
QUALIFICATIONSAND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
· Minimum-of 1-year work experience in Monitoring & Evaluation, Accountability, or relevant community based/consultation related role.
. Excellent experience in data collection and analysis, data management and reporting
· Extensive experience in knowledge and database management
· Fluent English and Arabic, both spoken and written
· Experience of training and capacity building
· Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
· Excellent communication and influencing skills
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
· Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
· Ability and willingness to travel in to Syria for occasional monitoring visits
· Education to BSc/BA/BEng level in Social Sciences, Public Health, Statistics or related field
. Previous experience working in humanitarian programmes
Please note that SCI is recruiting on behalf of a 3rd party contractor for this position.
CHILD SAFE GUARDING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the SCIs Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Benefits Package provided to National Staff:
- Salary commensurate with the pay-grade of the position.
- Transportation allowance
- Annual leave
- Private Medical insurance.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English by sending your up to date CV with a cover letter as a single document explaining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position that you are applying on the subject section. The advertisement will be closed on November 26th, 2018 at 5:30 PM (Turkey local time).
Please kindly be informed that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.