About Suriye Yardım Derneği:
We are one of the leading Syria-focused charities in the world. We provide lifesaving and life-changing Support to millions of Syrians annually through emergency interventions, providing medical facilities, food, clean water, shelter, orphan support, protection, and education. Through our parent charity, Action For Humanity, we also work further afield.
Suriye Yardım Derneği was established in Manchester, UK, at the start of the Syrian conflict in 2011. Dismayed at the rapidly unfolding crisis in Syria, a group of friends of Syrian heritage came together to provide emergency humanitarian aid in the region for what has initially assumed to be a short-term project. Since then, we have grown to become the largest Syria-focused charity in the UK and have touched the lives of 10.3 million people in need.
We are focused on providing medical care, food aid, education, protection, and access to water and shelter to the millions of Syrians displaced across the region. As well as establishing long-term projects such as schools, healthcare clinics, and livelihood.
Vacancy: MEAL Officer based in Gaziantep (Turkish citizenship)
Qualifications and Education Requirements: University degree preferred graduate with a bachelor’s in business management, information technology, statistics science, or another related degree.
General Work Experience: At least two years’ work experience in M&E preferred, or/and at least two years’ work experience in the humanitarian sector preferred.
- Languages: Fluent in Arabic (Writing, reading, speaking) and advanced Proficient in English (Writing, reading, speaking). Turkish is an asset.
- Computing: Proficient in Microsoft Office including excel, word, outlook, Power Bi, etc.
- Good knowledge of project management.
- Training and capacity-building experience, especially in M&E.
- Knowledge of some of the following mobile technologies: Kobo, ODK, cloud databases, and familiarity with mobile devices strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills, including knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methodologies and research design.
- Strong reporting and communication skills.
- Ability to travel to Syria for oversight, management, and training purposes
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods while accompanying/training M&E Field Staff or meeting deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of the SURIYE YARDIM DERNEĞI MAEL System from the Turkey Office.
- Lead the creation and implementation of need, market, and vendor assessments
- Raising and following up on all documents related to implementing project MEAL activities (PR, DWR, PRF, CWP…etc.) within the appropriate time of the work plan.
- Capacity building for Syria MEAL staff in both humanitarian and MEAL fields.
- Supporting Turkey MEAL Assistant/ Syria senior MEAL officers in coding, cleaning, and analyzing data.
- Finalizing all project-related MEAL draft reports (DM, PDM, Pre/Post KAP, Base/End-line, IPPT verification, etc.) within the agreed timeframe.
- Design and set up the entire program complaints and feedback mechanism (CFM) and information sharing system – including child-friendly versions sensitive to gender and diversity.
- Responsible for tracking and reviewing of Accountability Implementation Plan
- Assess the information and database to ensure that data is collected and managed promptly and effectively.
- Conduct field monitoring and evaluating visits for spot-check MEAL system.
- Ensure adequate monitoring, reporting, and acquittal of project activities following humanitarian accountability framework, relevant SPHERE standards, and essential environmental mitigation measures.
- Understand and carry out his duties under humanitarian principles, core values, Child Protection Policy, and the Code of Conduct.
- Support beneficiary accountability and participatory approaches throughout the program cycle.
- Comply with the Suriye Yardım Derneği confidentiality policy, ensuring the non-disclosure of any information relating to Suriye Yardım Derneği practices and beneficiaries.
"Suriye Yardım Derneği is committed to protecting children and the most vulnerable groups in society (women, older people, disabilities, and others) from any harm or sexual abuse, or exploitation through the commitment of its employees to the organization’s policies (such as the code of conduct, child Safeguarding, prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation PSEA policies), and It is forbidden for Suriye Yardım Derneği employees inflict harm on children or vulnerable groups or carry out acts of harassment or sexual exploitation of children and adults, directly or indirectly, inside or outside the organization, during or after working hours."
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae and a Cover letter describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided email of the HR department of Suriye Yardım Derneği (HR.Turkey@syriarelief.org.uk) with the job code “SYD-TR-GAZ-010“ in the subject line.
Deadline: October 10th, 2022
SYD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted