The MEAL officer is mainly responsible to support the MEAL manager in ensuring that the quality of WATAN program implementation is timely observed in the field, formally recorded and timely reported taking in consideration the humanitarian and quality standards.
- To develop the monitoring and evaluation plans of the projects.
- Provide the updated IPTTs / MEAL Plan and generate monthly reports against them.
- Ensure quality of data collected by field teams.
- To review and manage the field visit plans for the MEAL team within all WATAN projects.
- To ensure that findings of the MEAL activities are being shared with the project management staff and donors and ensure that the findings are being communicated and rectified timely.
- To offer recommendations for the findings in the field and share them with the relevant stakeholders.
- To develop different professional M&E reports and share with the relevant staff.
- Support in developing and amending the needed tools for MEAL (Need assessment, Observations, PDMs, Baseline/Endline, surveys…etc.)
- Ensure continued functioning of, use of and improvements to, the beneficiary feedback and response mechanism.
- Assist ongoing learning activities and prepare lessons learnt reports
- To mentor the field MEAL staff to develop their skills and expertise.
- Attend meetings with WATAN’s partners and donors when required.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
- University degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 2-year experience in monitoring and evaluating, data collection, report writing and project management.
- Effective report writing skills.
- knowledge of MS Office packages specially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint in addition to data visualization software specially Power BI
- High level in written and spoken Arabic and English is MUST
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multinational country team, and capable of working under pressure.
- Good analytical skills, attention to details, and critical thinking ability.
- A flexible and initiative-taking
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills (particularly looking for a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.