Job Title: MEAL Officer
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe! We are one of the largest and most respected private organizations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. We are a politically independent and non-denominational organization, our value-oriented actions are always based on humanitarian principles. Our vision is a world in which everyone has the chance and the right to lead a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty.
Welthungerhilfe's Head Office is in Bonn, Germany whilst the Syria Response is managed from our Country Office in Gaziantep. Welthungerhilfe was established in Turkey in 2013 specifically to help people who are affected by the Syria Crisis. Since then, the organisation has expanded its program scope and scale to make the greatest possible contribution to meeting humanitarian needs in Turkey and Northwest Syria. Welthungerhilfe has field offices in Azaz and Afrin, as well as Ankara, Istanbul, Hatay and Mardin. The Syria Response program includes food security, WASH services, Shelter and NFI services, protection, early recovery, and livelihood.
If you want to become part of this joint mission in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as:
MEAL Officer in Mardin
The position is to be filled by June 2023, with a contract duration of two years. Employment location will be Mardin, Türkiye.
- The MEAL Officer will support the Head of Project and project staff in all data collection, analysis, reporting and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from start to finish of the project and provide technical support and capacity building M&E units of implementing partners.
- The MEAL Officer will be responsible for supporting the Welthungerhilfe MEAL team in planning, tools designing, documentation, data analysis, and reporting. Also, will be working closely with the Welthungerhilfe country MEAL team, field team, INGO partners, and compliance department.
The duties for the MEAL Officer, in detail, are as follows:
- Developing the overall framework, for project M&E, for example, mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, developing project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Keeping track of all performance indicators in the project log frame matrix.
- Utilize data visualization platforms, including Power BI, to design visually appealing and informative dashboards that display real-time performance data.
- Developing the design and deployment of new tools as required (surveys, questionnaires, pre-posts, PDMs, KAPs, FGDs satisfaction surveys. etc.) which are needed to assess all program aspects and measuring all planned indicators.
- Collecting data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators. Developing baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- Provision of capacity building to implementing local partners regarding monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- Monitoring project activities/ output/outcome indicators and provide data against targets with consideration of project quality and provide timely feedback to supervisors and partners through written reports on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis. Traveling to all areas of work to monitor program activities via observation and stakeholder interviews.
- Checking that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
- Collaborating with the Project Management unit as assigned by the Head of Project in reviewing and preparing monthly, quarterly and final narrative reports.
- Ensuring all relevant MEAL information is collected according to the specified means of verifications in a timely manner.
- Conducting action-learning cycle meetings. Maintaining and compiling a lesson learned database in a timely manner. Providing advice to the supervisor(s) on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Producing reports on M&E findings and preparing presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Ensuring that all Welthungerhilfe and partner targeted communities are set up with CRM ´complaint response mechanism”.
- Supporting project staff in ensuring sufficient community participation at all stages of project implementation.
- Whenever necessary, represent WHH, attending UN-cluster meetings and meet with the local authorities.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Project and Head of MEAL.
Position open to Turkish nationals only
Education: First level university degree in statistics, engineering, demographics, economics, social sciences, or related field. The advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
Work Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities. Specific experience with livelihoods in development or agriculture project(s) in a non-profit organization is an asset.
Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans. Experience in designing and managing project participant monitoring and database systems.
Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
Experience in capacity development for MEAL.
Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
Digital Skills: Proven skills MS Office applications (Excel in particular) and database management and/or statistical software packages such as SPSS); experience with mobile data collection platforms such as CommCare and Kobo Toolbox, ODK etc.
Language Skills: English and Turkish (speaking, reading and writing) proficiency is required.
Personality requirements: Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking, good communication skills, ability to motivate and develop skills of others, attentive to detail, co-operative, able to work independently and with remote supervision.
Language Skills: Relevant language (Arabic, German, Kurdish, Farsi etc.) is a strong asset.
The MEAL Officer will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
WHH receives funds from its donors for projects. If necessary funds are secured the duration of the announced post may be extended. If project funding is not secured the activities will stop completely and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by 10 June , 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.