Support to Life (STL) is an independent humanitarian agency working in the field of disaster risk reduction, disaster preparedness, and emergency response in Turkey and the surrounding region. With an emphasis on community participation, STL works at a grassroots level to build local capacity, mitigate the risks and impact of disasters, and support those in need in meeting their basic needs and rights.
In line with its mandate STL currently has the following main activities:
- Refugee Support: The goal of STL’s work in the area of refugee support is to help Syrian refugees in the region who are either unable or unwilling to settle in refugee camps meet their basic needs and rights. STL is providing direct support through psychosocial services in its Community Centres, and enables access to services with its Case Management teams.
- Child Protection: STL has been working with at-risk children, sensitizing farmers and raising awareness among the public in an effort to contribute to eliminating child labour in Turkey, especially in the context of seasonal migratory agricultural work. As the inflow of Syrian refugees aggravated child labour in Turkey and child work became a prevalent negative coping strategy, STL extended its child protection activities to include refugee families.
- Emergency Response: In disaster situations, STL provides relief aid to disaster-struck communities through in-kind and cash-based support for food and non-food items, winterisation aid, as well as improving the conditions of shelter and addressing water, sanitation and hygiene needs.
- Strengthening Civil Society and Networking: STL brings together key civil society actors with the aim of creating the local capacity needed for effective disaster management in Turkey. In order to create positive change, STL publishes and disseminates reports, engages in capacity building activities through trainings, working group meetings and exposure visits. STL also pursues active coordination and advocacy campaigns with government and civil society actors.
Support To Life is expanding its MEAL Department and wishes to increase its capacities in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL). MEAL is part of everyday programme management and is critical to the success of all STL programmes. STL is seeking to build an effective MEAL system.
Hayata Destek is looking for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer to work in Diyarbakır.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting project proposal development by providing input to and facilitating the consolidation of the logical frameworks;
- Developing and ensuring adherence to MEAL plans for the projects;
- Supporting MEAL department and project teams to design appropriate MEAL tools (surveys, FGDs, observation forms, database, indicator tracking systems, dashboards, etc.)
- Supervising the collection of relevant data from the field; analysing and reporting it;
- Supporting the STL information management processes in the area of responsibility;
- Developing and proofreading all reports in the area of responsibility (needs assessment reports, monitoring reports, impact evaluation reports etc.);
- Maintaining the MEAL data according to STL data protection principles;
- Training field staff in using MEAL tools and on MEAL related procedures within the organization;
- Ensuring Accountability and Learning is integrated into the MEAL plans and the project implementation.
- Working together with MEAL Team members to strengthen STL’s overall MEAL capacity in accordance with Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability.
- University education and/or training in a relevant field
- Minimum 1 year experience in humanitarian sector, if possible in a similar position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and at least one of the Arabic, Turkish or Kurdish languages
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Minimum intermediate level of Excel knowledge and hands on experience on data analysis and visualization of data on Excel (filtering data, using pivot tables, creating graphs etc.)
- Good understanding of and engagement with the humanitarian context and the key principles of accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence and cooperation;
- Ability to operate as part of a team in a multi-cultural, value-driven work environment, and to perform tasks in sensitivity to the local culture;
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation with adaptable communication skills
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child protection perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
“Under the Security of Personel Information Law that is published on The Official Gazette of Republic of Turkey on 07.04.2016, no 29677;
By applying for this advertisement, you agree that your resume and any personal information in it may be shared with Hayata Destek Derneği”
HAYATA DESTEK DERNEĞİ
Hayata Destek’in hedefleri doğrultusunda sürdürmekte olduğu stratejik çalışma alanları aşağıdaki gibidir;
· Mülteci Destek: STL, Türkiye’deki Suriyeli mültecilerin temel hak ve ihtiyaçlarına erişimini sağlamayı amaçlamaktadır. Geçim kaynağını destekleme amaçlı mesleki kurslar yürütmenin yanı sıra psiko-sosyal destek odaklı toplum merkezleri ve vaka yönetimi faaliyetleri yürüten mobil destek ekipleri aracılığıyla mültecilere doğrudan destek ulaştırmaktadır.
· Çocuk Koruma: STL, Türkiye’de çocuk işçiliğini sorunuyla mücadele için risk altındaki çocuklara yönelik çalışmalar yürütmekte, bu konuda özellikle mevsimlik tarım alanında çalışan ya da çalışma potansiyeli olan çocuklara odaklanmaktadır. Mülteci krizi ile birlikte Türkiye’de çocuk işçiliğinin yeni bir boyut kazanmasıyla bu alandaki çalışmalara mülteci çocuklar da dâhil edilmiştir.
· Acil Yardım: STL, olası bir afet durumunda, afetlerden etkilenen topluluklara ayni ve nakdi yardım sunarak acil yardım operasyonları yürütmektedir. Bu kapsamda gıda ve gıda dışı temel ihtiyaçların karşılanması,barınma koşullarının iyileştirilmesi yanı sıra su, sanitasyon ve hijyen ihtiyaçlarına cevap verilmesi hedeflenmektedir.
· Sivil Toplumu Güçlendirme ve Ağ Oluşturma: STL, afet risk yönetimi ve etkili insani yardım çalışmaları için ihtiyaç duyulan sivil toplum kapasitesini güçlendirmek adına anahtar paydaşları bir araya getirmek için çalışır. Raporlama ve kapasite geliştirme faaliyetlerinin yanı sıra, kamu ve sivil toplum alanındaki ilgili paydaşlar ile aktif bir koordinasyon mekanizması oluşturularak Türkiye’de afete hazırlık, etkili müdahale ve risk yönetimi konularında iyileştirme sağlamayı amaçlanmaktadır.