Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Izmir , the Medical Officer is under the line management of the Medical Supervisor.
- Health Care
- Other related duties
- Perform Consultations;
- Provide health care and emergency treatment for the patients;
- Implement medical protocols according to internationally accepted/DDD standards;
- In collaboration with the Nurse, provide regular health education to patients on diagnosis, treatment and medication (if prescribed);
- Follow up the filling of patient’s file;
- Ensure accurate recording of patient medical records;
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected (Patient files/charts locked in cabinet);
- Identify and to organise the transfer of emergency cases to the competent authority;
- Providing regular reporting on her/his activities to the line manager upon request;
- Providing the line manager with a Handover Report at the end of the contract;
Other related duties
- Participate in assessments with the Medical Supervisor, where and when necessary;
- Ability to travel and relocate if it is requested;
- Participate in any specialised responses, as requested;
- Represent and actively participate in any relevant meetings, as requested by Medical Supervisor;
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organisation of field trips and DDD activities;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Medical doctor degree; preferably eligible to practice medicine in Turkey.
- 5-6 years of clinical practice as a Medical Officer.
Skills and qualities required
- Lead and implement the clinical direction for the organization
- Promote collaboration to both internal and external healthcare team members.
- Demonstrated management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of managed healthcare systems, medical quality assurance, quality improvement and risk management.
- Dedication to patient safety and quality of healthcare
- Commitment to organization’s values and vision
- Ability to lead standardization of care
- Inspirational to the healthcare team
- Superb listening skills
- Required: Arabic & Turkish
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 30.06.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- GRANTS COORDINATOR - İSTANBUL
- MHPSS CLINICAL SUPERVISOR - ISTANBUL
- SENIOR COMMUNICATION OFFICER - ISTANBUL
- Case Management Assistant - Bağcılar
- PSYCHIATRY REFERENT - ANTAKYA
- FINANCE MANAGER - ANTAKYA
- SRH MANAGER-ANTAKYA
- FINANCE COORDINATOR - ISTANBUL
- PHC DOCTOR-IDLIB
- PHC DOCTOR TEAM LEADER - IDLIB
- NURSE - IDLIB
- MIDWIFE- IDLIB
- MEDICAL SUPERVISOR - IDLIB
- LOGISTICS OFFICER - IDLIB
- LIAISON OFFICER - IDLIB
- LEISHMANIASIS MEDICAL SUPERVISOR - IDLIB
- ADMINISTRATIVE&HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER-IDLIB
- DRIVER - IDLIB
- CLEANER - IDLIB
- MEAL COORDINATOR - ISTANBUL