Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Mececins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
The MHPSS clinical supervisor provides technical support to the MHPSS field team;
He/she supervises their individual and group sessions weekly;
He/she ensures activities are up to standard and results are in line with project objectives and outcomes;
He/she explores and detect potential risk factors influencing mental health status of the target population; while developing and implementing innovative preventive mental health interventions and activities to be undertaken within the community;
He/she develops and provides guidelines and protocols about MHPSS related issues;
He/she designs and implements self-care and team building activities and conduct internal training and capacity building plan.
The main focus of the MHPSS Clinical Supervisor is to ensure the overall quality of the MHPSS sessions and oversee the implementation of the service in line with the objectives of the project.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in İstanbul, the MHPSS Clinical Supervisor reports directly to the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Coordinator.
- Technical support
- Training and capacity building
- Project Follow-Ups
- Analysis, Detection and Reduction of Risk Factors
- Development and Implementation of Preventive Measures
- Other Duties
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date clinical supervision on a weekly basis of DDD MHPSS
- Evaluate beneficiaries’ satisfaction and quality of care provided and overall implementation through satisfaction surveys, monitoring tools and other tools as may be necessary in collaboration with the M&E department;
- Conduct Self Care practices and interventions with implementing partner’s Staff;
- Ensure Ethical Considerations in Group Counseling and Issues in Group Co-Facilitation.
- Develop and implement innovative preventive mental health interventions and activities to be undertaken within the community
- Explore and detecte potential risk factors influencing mental health status of the target population
- Evaluate clinical interactions (in all situations and capacities)
- Provide supervision, case consultation and advice to DDD and partner MHPSS team – Facilitate weekly group and individual supervision sessions;
- Facilitate group support sessions with MHPSS teams;
- Facilitate weekly group supervision sessions and individual supervision sessions.
- Assess the practitioner’s skills & approach towards the psychotherapeutic process with the client
- Clarify performance standards
- Share lessons learned and best practice across the MHPSS team
Training and Capacity Building
- Organize internal and external trainings
- Develop and Provide MHPSS, Trauma and the Psychosocial Effects of War and PFA to implementing partner’s staff;
- Refining Psychosocial Needs Assessment Protocols and Skills;
- Clinical Guidelines for Trauma Counseling Groups.
- Designing and implementing self-care and team building activities
- Developing and providing guidelines and protocols about MHPSS related issues
- Teach and demonstrate counselling techniques
- Explain the rationale of strategies and interventions
- Interpret significant events in the counselling process
- S/He to ensure activities are up to standard and results are in line with project objectives and outcomes
- S/he will ensure disaggregated and cumulative tracking of MHPSS Staff and documentation of all activities and outcomes;
- S/he will maintain program files and documentation as per program management minimum standards, including maintaining the confidentiality and security of supervision data;
- S/he will ensure programming is on track to meet objectives; reporting regularly on important issues that are cross-cutting.
- S/he will ensure that appropriate strategies are used to address performance and skills deficits in the supervisees approach with clients.
Development and Implementation of Preventive Measures
- In collaboration with the mental health team, develop and implement innovative preventive mental health interventions and activities to be undertaken within the community.
- The clinical supervisor is under the line management of the MHPSS supervisor
- She/he will assist the MHPSS Coordinator in providing sufficient and detailed information for activity reporting and evaluation;
- To report accurately to the MHPSS Coordinator on Psychosocial Support activities, participate in the Monitoring of the project, and produce relevant information about the project activities and achievements.
- Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, she/he will ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented and reported to her/his line manager;
- She/he will ensure that each of her/his sessions is documented to comply with donor audit requirements.
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organization of field trips and DDD activities;
Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology,
- Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology,
- PHD. in Clinical Psychology,
- On-the-job training and supervisory experience,
- Certification and licensing for the specific state of employment;
- Fluent in Arabic and Turkish, oral and written;
Professional experience and Skills
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel Outlook)
- Personal qualities as diplomacy, patient confidentiality, multi-cultural flexibility, stress management and a strong sense of integrity
- To be receptive, sensitive and an excellent listener
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate an idea clearly and concisely in public, with good understanding of at stakes.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and good ability to make proactive suggestions.
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situation.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 01.09.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.