|Position Title||MHPSS Manager|
|Position Report to||Program Coordinator|
Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
ASRA, is a non-governmental and humanitarian aid organisation which mainly aims at meeting basic needs and improving living conditions of the individuals and communities who are affected by humanitarian crisis, conflicts, human rights violations and natural disasters.
ASRA continues its works at national and international level within principles of non-discrimination, transparency,impartiality, and accountability, according to the international standards of humanitarian privacy. ASRA has a role in enhancing living conditions of crisis affected individuals and communities through activities and emergency responses carried out at national and international level.
ASRA, by carrying out field studies, which regularly analyze the conditions of crisis-affected people, and publishing situation reports; directs the attention of relevant organisations to crisis regions.
ASRA, pursuant to the principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality and accountability, adopts direct and quick response to the crisis affected individuals and communities,as the main principle.
The MHPSS Manager will be responsible forthe development, implementation, monitoring, coordination, and technical oversight of the overall MHPSS programming portfolio. S/he will lead the coordination between MHPSS teams and sub-sectors, as well as coordinating and integrating MHPSS with other departments/sectors. S/he will also support the capacity building of MHPSS staff through ensuring there is ongoing clinical supervision and training.
Main activities within MHPSS programming include mental health case management which includes psychosocial support,psycho-education, and the provision of mental health services through psychiatrists.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical and administrative support to mental health and psychosocial program managers at the sub-partners;providing guidance on planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of MHPSS activities in different sites.
- Conduct routine project needs assessments and program reviews to ensure successful implementation and donor compliance
- Support managing the MHPSS department and subsequent team of sub-partners by ensuring there is adequate cover during periods of absence, training needs are met and performance evaluated.
- Develop the strategy and mechanisms to integrate mental health and psychosocial support into programs, in line with IASC Guidelines on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergencies.
- Ensure close coordination between the MHPSS department, and sub-partners’ other departments/sectors especially protection and health.
- Periodically review and manage M&E systems for MHPSS programming, in collaboration with MEAL and MHPSS Technical Advisors, including the development of M+E tools and methodology, management of reporting mechanisms and information flow, and analysis of program data and impact.
- Identify program gaps, areas of growth, and strategies and support in adapting program design to effectively meet beneficiary needs, the changing context, and other factors.
- Lead and participate in regular strategy and program planning workshops for MHPSS and the overall organization, including for grant opening, mid-term review, andgrant closing.
- Manage development and monitoring of program spending plans, work plans, M&E plans, and procurement and staffing plans to ensure progress of sub-partners against targets and spending by budget.
- Build accountability system, including incorporation of feedback mechanisms for staff and beneficiaries, into program and make sure that sub-partners implement these measures.
- Take a lead in MHPSS program development and proposal writing.
- Assessment of the technical capacity of the sub-partner staff and working on a capacity building plan including training and clinical supervision that goes in line with the country strategic objectives.
- Wherever possible, identify or work with suitable sub-partner organizations and institutions for joint MHPSS work.
- Identifyand where appropriate collaborate with existing formal and informal community leaders and service providers.
- Attendand actively participate in MHPSS Working Group meetings.
- The MHPSS Manager reports directly to the Program Coordinator, and receives technical support from MHPSS advisors.
- Establish Systematic data collection for reports.
- Take a lead in compiling MHPSS reports for the periodical donor reports, including review of data against MHPSS indicators for each grant.
- Ensure application and compliance of security protocols and policies.
Preventionof Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within MSYD and amongst beneficiaries served by other partners.
- Thequalified candidate will be a mental health professional with a clinical menta lhealth field, e.g. psychology/clinical social work– with knowledge of human rights, international development, public health or other relevant field;
- Knowledge able in and has used the IASC MHPSS and GBV/CP guidelines and best practices as part of their previous work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years (of which at least 3 in the field) of progressively responsible professional experience in humanitarian work, and substantial experience in MHPSS, including in emergencies and in conflict settings.
- Demonstrable technical expertise in the assessment of, and design and delivery of responsesto pre-existing and emergency induced MHPSS needs.
- Training experience required; capacity and proven track record in national staff and partner training, including capacity building of the national counterparts to management level;
- Knowledge of MHPSS Case Management and Integration of MH into PHC approaches.
- Experiencein working with Middle Eastern populations is a plus.
- Strong management, organizational and supervisory skills .
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments.
- Ability to work within a team structure or in isolation, flexible, and can cope with stressful workloads and working with limited resources.
- Ability to travel on short notice to project sites.
- English and Turkish language proficiency is required.
MSYD uluslararası insani yardım gizlilik standartları çerçevesinde ayrım gözetmeme, şeffaflık, tarafsızlık ve hesap verilebilirlik ilkeleri ile çalışmalarını ulusal ve uluslararası alanda sürdürmektedir. MSYD ulusal ve uluslararası düzeyde yaptığı aktiviteler ve acil destek çalışmalarıyla krizden etkilenen birey ve toplulukların yaşam koşullarının iyileştirilmesinde rol oynamaktadır.
MSYD düzenli olarak krizden etkilenmiş kesimlerin durumlarını analiz eden saha çalışmaları ve raporlar yayınlayarak ilgili kuruşların dikkatini krize bölgelerine yöneltmektedir.
MSYD krizden etkilenmiş birey ve kesimlere ayrım gözetmeksizin, şeffaflık ve tarafsızlık prensipleri çerçevesinde doğrudan ve hızlı bir şekilde yardım etmeyi temel ilke olarak benimsemiştir.