Position: MHPSS Officer
Job Location: Gaziantep
Reporting to: Senior Medical Advisor Manager
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 1
Key relationships: Senior Program Manager, Project Dept., Field Managers, Information Management Unit, MEAL, Grants, Procurement, specialized projects.
General objective of the position:
The MHPSS Officer is responsible for developing and executing a MHPSS (Mental Health and Psychosocial support) program vision for the organization that incorporates standards, testing approaches, and mental health & psychosocial support strategies and frameworks.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Define, implement, and manage SAMS’ MHPSS program, testing methodologies and supporting tools.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality MHPSS services by ensuring functionality meets documented specifications and organizational goals.
- Review requirements to provide feedback on completeness, testability and other risk areas that could impact service.
- Identify, replicate, document, prioritize and track issues to closure using issue tracking systems.
- Ensure service user and career feedback is captured and used to drive quality improvements for service users.
- Manage day to day relationships with providers including reviewing the quality of their service delivery and making recommendations for improvements.
- Work with program management and operations to ensure quality of processes and procedures.
- Represent SAMS in the MHPSS technical working group and other meetings related to MHPSS.
- Produce quality metrics, testing results and other reports for all levels of management.
- Ensure the technical compliance between the program, project and the standards.
- Initiate team building initiatives
- Promote and model a positive, professional and respectful office culture.
- Ensure effective internal communications
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
- University Degree in medical Background, preferably Psychiatrist.
- Minimum of two years of MHPSS experience.
- Previous experience in the MHPSS program in humanitarian context.
- Knowledge of mhGAP program.
- Self-motivated, with strong leadership abilities.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, problem solving skills.
- Fluency written and spoken in Arabic
- Fluency written and spoken English
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
Last date for application is 30/ April / 2019