Position: MHPSS officer
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reports to: MHPSS specialist, Turkey
Duration: 9 Months
About RI: Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
As part of the Syria Refugees and IDPs Project in Turkey, RI seeks a mental health officer (under supervision of MHPSS specialist) to provide technical assistance in projects design, capacity building of the staff and partners in MHPSS and ensure standards are being adhered to in quality of services and care provided through RI supported MHPSS centre.
He/ She will also participate in designing and carrying out assessment for MHPSS in order to incorporate MHPSS services in RI Essential Package of Health Care to Syrian IDPs.
Main activities within MHPSS programming include assisting in building the capacity and working with partners to improve psychosocial case management and provision of mental health services through psychiatrists, psychologists, and support/psycho-education groups, along different levels of care.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist MHPSS specialist in providing technical and administrative support to mental health and psychosocial project/program manager; providing guidance on planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of MHPSS activities.
- Keep ongoing communication and conduct regular site visits to the assigned centers according to the scheduled plan, and share findings with line manager.
- Ensure the submission of the data and reports from the supported centers to Gaziantep office on a regular basis.
- Conduct periodic project needs assessments and program reviews to ensure successful implementation and donor compliance when needed.
- Participate in developing the strategy and mechanisms to integrate mental health and psychosocial support into RI programs, in line with RI agreed Guidelines on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergencies.
- Ensure close coordination between the MHPSS component of the project and other components especially protection, education and health.
- Participate and represent the MHPSS project in regular staff meetings when needed.
- Periodically participate in reviewing and managing M&E systems for MHPSS programming, in collaboration with MEAL team and implementing partner, including the development of M and E tools and methodology, management of reporting mechanisms and information flow, and analysis of program data and impact.
- Assist in Identifying program gaps, areas of growth, and strategies and share these findings with line manager,
- Support in adapting program Lead and participate in regular strategy and program planning workshops for MHPSS and the overall organization.
- Build accountability system, including incorporation of feedback mechanisms for staff and beneficiaries, into program.
- Participate in MHPSS program development and proposal writing.
- Assessment of the capacity of the local partner staff and working on a capacity building plan that goes in line with the country strategic objectives.
- Represent RI at relevant coordination meetings (Clusters, UNHCR, WHO, etc.).
- Wherever possible, identify or work with suitable other local partner organizations and institutions for joint MHPSS work.
- Help carry out any other tasks identified by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A qualified psychologist; or a professional with equivalent proven experience.
- MHPSS experience is a plus.
- 2-3 years’ experience in mental health and psychosocial programming for refugees and IDPs.
- Experience working in the Humanitarian context.
- Experience working on the inclusion of hard to reach groups of children is a plus
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively in written and spoken English. Arabic
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
- We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- We value
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
How to Apply:
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to provided in the apply/başvur button before November 24, 2019 stating in the subject “MHPSS Officer“ All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications