MSYD-ASRA, is a non-governmental and humanitarian aid organisation which mainly aims at meeting basic needs and improving living conditions of the individuals and communities who are affected by humanitarian crisis, conflicts, human rights violations and natural disasters.
MSYD-ASRA continues its works at national and international level within principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality, and accountability, according to the international standards of humanitarian privacy. MSYD-ASRA has a role in enhancing living conditions of crisis affected individuals and communities through activities and emergency responses carried out at national and international level.
MSYD-ASRA, by carrying out field studies which regularly analyse the conditions of crisis affected people, and publishing situation reports; directs the attention of relevant organisations to crisis regions.
MSYD-ASRA, pursuant to the principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality and accountability, adopts direct and quick response to the crisis affected individuals and communities, as the main principle.
- Job Summary
The MHPSS Program Officer is responsible for identification, technical, programmatic and financial monitoring, and successful follow up of implementation of the program activities. S/he will work closely with respective staff within MSYD-ASRA MHPSS Department and other programs/departments to ensure the identification and cost- effective, timely and result based documentation, follow up and implementation of MHPSS program activities. This position will report to the MHPSS Specialist.
- Responsibilities & Tasks:
Program planning and organisation:
- Conduct field MHPSS monitoring visits to ensure action plans set out by the MHPSS team are followed;
- To ensure activities are up to standard and results are in line with project objectives and outcomes
- Consolidate MHPSS training plan in collaboration with MHPSS Specialist and support the conduct of regular training activities;
- Coordinate planning and following up of logistical and administrative arrangements for trainings, and ensure an efficient resource utilization and close cooperation between project team, as well as all involved stakeholders;
- Travel as necessary to program sites and activity locations in Turkey;
- Ensure shared files are updated with finalized documents, including training plans and reports;
- Develop a planning matrix for activity implementation as outlined in project proposals and input from various field teams.
- Prepare meetings, workshops and follow up on the successful implementation of MHPSS related events.
- Compile and develop ‘Activity Toolkit’ required for the implementation of program activities including attendance sheets, evaluation forms, agenda, pre post-test, checklist, etc. with the support of MHPSS Specialist.
- Provide orientation to key MHPSS staff members so in their turn they could orient newly recruited staff on program tools and activities.
- Ensure all relevant M&E paper work is prepared for the implementation of activities and forms are collected and well documented.
- Follow up on the implementation of activities and report challenges to the MHPSS Specialist.
- Attend the relevant department coordination meetings
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Maintain an efficient filing management system related to monitoring, evaluation and reporting on MHPSS activities as well as programs.
- Prepare a quarterly M&E plan involving MHPSS field staff and M&E manager to measure the impact of program implementation on local communities, families, health facilities, MH clinicians, Social workers, staff, etc.
- Ensure the data collection and indicator follow-up
- Contribute to reviewing partner’s progress reports prior to submission for technical review;
- Consolidate/draft monthly and quarterly reports, and donor updates
- Compiling results analysis and other statistical tasks if required for reporting.
- Assist the Program Coordinator and MEAL Manager in consolidation of the data related to indicators and highlight any irregularities.
- Translate documents (English-Turkish) as necessary;
- Undertake other duties as required.
Requirements (Persons Speciations):
- Turkish National or other nationalities with authorization to work in Turkey
- University degree in Psychology or related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in NGOs working in MHPSS program management and reporting, preferably in projects supported by international NGOs.
- Ability to travel on short notice to project sites (including south-east of Turkey) by car or air.
- A good command of verbal and written English experience working in and an understanding of the non-profit sector and/or an association setting preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills;
- Strong organizational, able to exercise sound judgment and proactive problem-solver;
- Autonomous, creative with ability to work with limited resources;
- Good understanding of the project cycle and team work;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and ensure high quality work;
- Good knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian Principles and Protection frameworks, tools, and minimum standards.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated experience in utilization of databases, Microsoft Office, Excel