MHPSS Supervisor (Ref: 202304261500)
|Dünya Doktorları Derneği||İstanbul|
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Doctors of the World / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
This position will support both NWS and Türkiye programme teams of DDD. This is not a managerial position. The MHPSS Supervisor will be based in İstanbul, and report to the DDD Programmes Director.
Status: Fixed-Term Contract(extension is possible)
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
- Play a leading role in programming, planning and implementation of the MHPSS activities
- Conduct technical oversight of the MHPSS teams to ensure quality implementation of the MHPSS activities,
- Coordination with Services and Relevant Partners
- Community Connection and Protection Monitoring
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting of Activities
- Organizational Development
Programming, Planning and Implementation of the MHPSS Activities
- Strategize and plan the MHPSS intervention of DDD in line with the specific and emerging needs of the project locations
- In line with the DDD strategic plan, establish and follow road plan for MHPSS activities, considering general and specific needs and the advancement of DDD’s MHPSS activities
- Lead the planning and oversee MHPSS program activities in the project areas, in coordination with the FieldCo and Project Managers
- Adapt integrated approach in programme implementation, work closely with Türkiye and Suriye Programme Coordinators, Field Coordinators, Medical Coordinator, Protection Coordinator, Grants Coordinator, MEAL Coordinator Facility/Project Managers, and to ensure a unified strategy and coordinated actions
- Contribute preparation of the DDD Advocacy plan in his/her area of responsibility
- Contribute to the Content Development (SOPs, Project Proposal, etc.)
- Provide technical advice on MHPSS to the senior management of DDD
- Advise to the HR department on staff wellbeing
Technical Oversight of MHPSS Teams
- Provide technical advice and guidance to the MHPSS field teams, and be the technical referent for MHPSS teams in Türkiye and NWS
- Create and update job profiles of MHPSS staff and participate actively in recruitment processes
- Conduct regular need assessment with field staff and ensure that training, supervision, and staff care is adjusted to the needs of field staff and programs
- Lead regular technical meetings of field teams and ensure adequate communication flow among team and with coordination on all matters relevant to the delivery of MHPSS services
- Ensure good communication among team is in place, and internal referral paths are established, in order to provide client-centered care.
Coordination with Services and Relevant Partners
- Coordinate MHPSS activities within the DDD and also with the other services, service providers and academy
- Seek out and build relationships the community; advocate for MHPSS initiatives; develop partnerships that can increase the reach and scope of MHPSS service delivery
- Ensure up to date MHPSS service mapping for project locations is in place and referral pathways are established, act as DDD focal point for coordination with other service providers
- Represent DDD and ensure good relations with all stakeholders
- Organize with DDD’s communication department for any necessary communications with authorities
- Participate in communication with relevant partners to highlight the needs and issues affecting the well-being and access to rights of refugee communities in Turkey
Community Connection and Protection Monitoring
- In coordination with field teams, closely monitor the emerging needs and changes in the context of which the beneficiary communities facing, and advise about the necessary changes that needs toı make in the planning and implementation of the activities
- Propose and implement programming changes that reflect the needs of beneficiaries
- Provide the MHPSS input into community needs assessments
- Ensure that field teams establish strong links with community groups and have good knowledge and understanding of the beneficiary communities in project areas
- In collaboration with Community Health Workers (CHW) supervisor, ensuring systems are in place for effective community health work including in the following components: 1) bridging reciprocal communication between services and the community, 2) identifying people in need of MHPSS, 3) facilitating their access to DDD and other services, 4) conducting MHPSS promotion activities, and 5) supporting DDD in monitoring and seeking response to general issues facing the population.
- Ensure that beneficiaries and local populations understand the project objectives and participate in program design through feedback surveys and focus group discussions or other methods of participatory planning.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting of Activities
- Work in collaboration with the MEAL department to ensure adequate data collection is in place, respecting client confidentiality, and responding to established reporting systems for all MHPSS activities
- Ensure client records for case follow-up are being used effectively, safeguarding client confidentiality, and responding to case follow-up needs
- Regular follow up on data collection and making sure of monitoring tools and satisfaction surveys are collected regularly
- Ensure analysis of data and produce monthly data and narrative reports of MHPSS activities, and other reports as necessary
- İn programming activities, consider budget requirements and support the relevant departments by inputting in budget forecasts and other financial requirements as necessary
- Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented.
- Plan and facilitate technical capacity building trainings to the MHPSS staff of DDD, as well as to the third parties (local authorities, CBOs, etc.) including phyco-education to the community
- Participate in identifying MHPSS needs and contribute to proposal writing
- Participate in the development of DDD strategic plan
- Develop and contribute to MHPSS related guidance documents and Standard Operation Procedures
- Develop communication materials relevant to MHPSS activities.
- Participate in internal and external work meetings and represent DDD in the related MHPSS coordination platforms
- Report any security related issues to the line manager
- Support operational organization of field trips and DDD activities
- Available for frequent travels for monitoring of field activities in Türkiye and Syria
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor with Psychology or PDR, and Masters degree in Psychology
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience, and min 3 years working experience in humanitarian context to support refugee or displaced communities preferably in Turkey and/or Syria
- Strong understanding of the situation and protection issues facing the populations served by the project
- Sound understanding of MHPSS, gender, PSEA, and protection guidelines and principles
- Extensive experience in MHPSS and humanitarian programs, including experience of leading, coaching and mentoring staff, delivering training and capacity building, supervision, recruitment processes, etc.
- Experience in reporting and familiarity with monitoring and evaluation systems for MHPSS programs is an asset
- Knowledge of project cycle management is an asset
- Experience in trauma and disaster studies is an asset.
- Advanced English level is required
- Turkish and/or Arabic is an advantage
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
General Qualities Required:
- Analytical thinking
- Managing Resources
- Innovative thinking
- Time management
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts
- Familiar with multicultural environment
- Availability for Frequent travels
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.