Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Turkey with a crossboarding to Syria, the Project Midwife is under the line management of the Team Leader (Lead Doctor).
- Ante-natal care and post-natal care (ANC&PNC)
- Family planning consultation
- Assistance and Support
- Other related tasks
- Ante-natal care and post-natal care (ANC&PNC)
- Provide ante-natal care and post-natal care (ANC&PNC)
- Adhere to WHO/ MoH guidelines of ANC/PNC on screening, nutrition, immunisation and education;
- Examining and monitoring pregnant people;
- Assessing care requirements and writing care plans;
- Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures;
- Recording the visit’s detail in the ANC/PNC patient file;
- Ensuring a proper follow-up of each beneficiary;
- Referring a high-risk case to the General Practitioner;
- Carry out screening tests
- Provide information, emotional support and reassurance to pregnant people and their families;
- Advise and support parents of their new-born babies in daily care;
- Assist parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death;
- Family Planning consultation
- Liaise with community members on Sexual Reproductive Health issues;
- Provide family planning consultation, under supervision of the General Practitioner;
- Refer case to the General Practitioner for the first consultation;
- Follow up the used method and review any possible side effects;
- Preforms pregnancy test, if required;
- Assistance and Support
- Assist and support General Practitioner
- Assists General Practitioner in consultations, if requested;
- Responsible for all General Practitioner material used during consultations;
- Responsible for cleaning, packaging, and sterilisation of GYN instruments;
- Responsible for medical waste management;
- Work closely with General Practitioner to ensure quality of care;
- Assist and support the General Practitioner to assess and evaluate the needs and requests, and how DDD can best support them, if needed;
- Collect data, indicators, surveys and assessments according to the mission’s needs, as requested by the General Practitioner, and provide input on analysis;
- Weekly meeting with General Practitioner to discuss cases;
- Providing regular reporting on her/his activities to the line manager upon request;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
- Other position related tasks
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected (Patient files/charts locked in cabinet);
- Attend meetings related to sexual reproductive health, representing DDD, and provide appropriate feed-back;
- Participate in any specialised responses, as requested by DDD.
- Participate in internal work meetings and inform DDD team on logistic issues;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organisation of field trips and DDD activities;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
Midwifery recognised qualification essential
- 2 years of clinical practice as a Midwife;
- Required: Arabic
- Preferred: Turkish and English (oral and written);
Intellectual & Physical
- Analytical thinking to evaluate different approaches/solutions for a specific environment
Communication & Information flow
- Listening skills
- Interpersonal skills and able to communicate with people at all levels;
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 15.12.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- MIDWIFE ASSISTANT - JINDIRES
- CLEANER - JINDIRES
- PSYCHOLOGIST - IDLIB
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT-İZMİR
- PROJECT TRANSLATOR - İZMİR
- MEDICAL SUPERVISOR - IDLIB
- TRANSLATOR - ISTANBUL
- PROJECT REGISTRAR - SULTANGAZİ
- MHPSS CLINICAL SUPERVISOR-ISTANBUL
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT OFFICER-FATİH
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT-FATİH
- PROJECT PSS COUNSELLOR - ANTAKYA
- PROJECT TRANSLATOR-ANTAKYA
- PROJECT PHC OFFICER-FATİH
- SENIOR FINANCE COORDINATOR-İSTANBUL