Vacancy Notice Number:
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract -with possible extension (G5)
Deadline of Applications:
5 July 2019
Number of Vacant Positions:
Under the overall supervision of the Monitoring and evaluation Officer (WoS) and direct supervision of the M&E Officer (CrossBorder), the successful candidate will provide support in the implementation of M&E activities across cross-border programmes in line with IOM policies, standards and commitments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Food and Non-food items monitoring activities for cross-border.
- Liaise with third party monitoring (TPM) contractors monitoring schedules and MEAL plan.
- Follow-up on M&E findings, recommendations, issues from monitoring activities to ensure that operations take appropriate actions to resolve the issue or recommendations.
- Follow-up, consolidate, review and translate M&E reports from implementing partners.
- Support regular M&E coaching sessions for colleagues and Implementing Partners (IPs) on:
- Adherence to agreed standards of implementation;
- Encourage widespread use of appropriate data collection methods
- Zero tolerance on SEA cases
- Accountability to beneficiaries
- Assist in the circulation of M&E reports, analysis, findings to relevant project manager and cross-border units.
- Translation of all M&E tools, data, findings and report.
- Follow-up implementing partners for reports and
- Liaise with cross-border operations schedule of shipment and IP activities.
- Support in Monthly, Quarterly and Annual M&E reports.
- Adherence to IOM staff standard and policies and practice PSEA at all times.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education and Experience:
- University degree in Social Science, Development Management or Planning, Statistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree in above field with five years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in Syrian context, an asset;
- Experience in M&E implementation and community-based feedback mechanism, is an asset,
- Information analysis and report writing, required;
- Proven ability to consolidate and validate information from multiple sources;
- Proven ability to work with presentation software, e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint is a must;
- Knowledge in advance excel, powerBi, and statistical analysis, preferred.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
• Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
• Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
• Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
• Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
• Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies –
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
•Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
•Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 5 July 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Migration Health Nurse
- Field Engineer Assistant
- Senior Project Assistant (PSEA)
- Finance Assistant (Budget)
- Field Engineer Assistant
- National PSEA Capacity Building Officer
- Project Assistant (Psychosocial Animation)
- Project Assistant (CBA (Cash Based Assistance))
- Project Assistant (CBA (Cash Based Assistance))
- Programme Support Assistant
- Operations Assistant (Field Support)