Vacancy Notice Number:
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G5)– with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
03 December 2020
Number of People to be hired
Internal and External Candidates
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the WoS monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and the direct supervision of M&E Support Officer, the successful candidate will provide support in the implementation of M&E activities across cross-border programmes in line with IOM policies, standards and commitments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow up on implementing of the project(s) Monitoring & Evaluation activities to ensure program quality and follow up with Operating teams to meet objectives mainly related to M&E Plan per project.
- Support in data cleaning, analysis and drafting of M&E reports.
- Follow-up on M&E findings, recommendations, issues from CFM to ensure that operations take appropriate actions to resolve the issues or recommendations.
- Follow-up, consolidate, review and translate M&E reports from implementing partners.
- Organize, collate and compile data and other media files in secure M&E database.
- Assist in the circulation of M&E reports, analysis, findings to relevant project manager and cross-border units.
- Liaise with third party monitors (TPM) monitoring schedules and MEAL plan specifically for CCCM/Protection projects.
- Translation of all M&E tools, data, findings and report.
- Support in designing tools and updating M&E database.
- Follow-up implementing partners for reports and liaise with cross-border operations schedule of shipment and IP activities.
- Support in consolidating required data for weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual M&E reports. In addition to ongoing M&E data revision and highlighting any observed flags.
- Adhere to IOM staff standard and policies and practice PSEA at all times.
- Support regular M&E coaching sessions for colleagues and Implementing Partners (IPs) on:
- Adherence to agreed standards of implementation;
- Encourage widespread use of appropriate data collection methods
- Zero tolerance on SEA cases
- Accountability to beneficiaries
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Social Science, Emergency or Development Management or Planning, Statistics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree in above field with five years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in Syrian context, an asset;
- Proven knowledge in emergency context; specifically, in Protection and CCCM sectors is desirable.
- Information analysis and report writing, required;
- Proven ability to consolidate and validate information from multiple sources;
- Proven ability to work with presentation software, e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint is a must;
- Knowledge in advance excel, and Kobo/ODK. In addition to statistical apps and analysis, preferred.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- • Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- • Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- • Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency:
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- • Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- • Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- • Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- • Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- • Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- • Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- • Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
- • Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- • Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- • Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- • Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
- •Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- • Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- • Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- • Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
- •Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- • Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- • Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- • Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- •Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- • Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- • Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- • Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- •Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- • Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- • Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- • Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 03 December 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Migrant Service Assistant
- Communications Assistant (Videographer/Photographer)
- Senior Project Assistant (Beneficiary Data Management)
- Project Assistant (WASH)
- On Call Project Assistant (Livelihood)
- Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
- MEAL Assistant (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning)
- Senior Project Assistant (Psychosocial Support)
- MEAL Assistant (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning)
- Project Assistant (Case Management)
- Project Assistant (Social Work)
- Project Assistant (Outreach)
- Project Assistant (Recovery and Stabilization)