Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer-Research
|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Ankara|
IFRC is currently seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer-Research to join the team in Ankara.
Under the supervision of the IFRC Monitoring and Evaluation Delegate, the M&E Officer-Research will support the implementation and enhancement of the M&E system of the Emergency Social Safety Net (ESSN) Programme. He/she will be responsible for qualitative research designs and analysis of data for the program, Monitoring and evaluation reporting and accountability. As appropriate, the M&E Officer will work with TRC counterparts to strengthen the monitoring of ESSN activities, and provide inputs to the development and improvement of existing data collection and analysis methodologies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinating with TRC for the study design for qualitative research.
• Designing tools for qualitative data collections such as key informant interviews, focus groups and literature reviews.
• Conduct analysis of quantitative data when required and integrate the findings with qualitative research outputs.
• Work together with the TRC and IFRC M&E team, support the interpretation of research analysis, prepare presentations and contribute to report writing.
• Knowledge of at least 1 qualitative and 1 quantitative analysis software is a plus
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Support the development and enhancement of an M&E system for the ESSN programme, by adding value to the existing M&E framework through strengthening qualitative approaches in close collaboration with TRC.
• Support M&E data collection exercises jointly with TRC, ensuring that systems are in place to collect reliable and timely data that captures the programme’s implementation, based on reporting requirements, internal information needs, and quality standards.
• Provide inputs for the design and methodology of a variety of qualitative and quantitative data collection exercise, incl. proper sampling strategies.
• Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
• Follow up with TRC for receiving regular inputs and for tracking indicators on a monthly basis, review the quality of data received, consolidate and share updates.
• Liaise closely with IM teams and provide inputs for IM products.
• Work closely with the community engagement (CEA) workstream to promote that planned monitoring engages with and reflects the voice of affected populations.
• Support the organisation and implementation of any surveys, reviews, lesson-learning exercises/workshops, evaluations, or other relevant studies, to ensure they are timely, useful and ethical and uphold IFRC’s criteria and standards.
• Provide support in drafting a variety of internal and external reports incl. PDM Reports, Vulnerability survey reports, FGD reports etc.
• Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations on M&E data as required
• Encourage the accountability focus of all M&E work across the operation, working closely with the CEA and PGI technical colleagues, in particular, to strengthen accountability to affected populations
• Promote a culture of accountability with TRC, technical workstream leads and field coorindation. Support evidence-base of monitoring and evaluation work on the operation, to inform accountability to donors and partners
- Graduate degree in social science, humanitarian studies or other relevant areas
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in monitoring and evaluation within the humanitarian sector.
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools and principles, including experience with logical frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods, incl. sampling strategies for large-scale surveys Knowledge of assessment, survey and monitoring methodologies and experience of implementing them Strong skills in designing and using M&E concepts, tools, and best practices
- Experience in mentoring and capacity building Good understanding of the humanitarian and political context in Turkey Must be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and conducting desk research.
- Highly organised with ability to manage multiple tasks in a results focused manner Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skill, particularly in diverse cultural contexts Strong analytical and written skills
Competencies and values
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Fluently spoken and written Turkish
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.