Name and position:
Position: Monitoring and Evoluation Officer (M&E Officer)
Country/City of Assignment:
a) Reports to: Project Manager
b) Supervises: Project Officer, Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Protection Assistants (Outreach Staffs), Case Assistants, Psychosocial Staff and Volunteers,
Date of Issue
- Organizational Background
MSYD, is a non-governmental and humanitarian aid organisation which mainly aims at meeting basic needs and improving living conditions of the individuals and communities who are affected by humanitarian crisis, conflicts, human rights violations and natural disasters.
MSYD continues its works at national and international level within principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality, and accountability, according to the international standards of humanitarian privacy. ASRA has a role in enhancing living conditions of crisis affected individuals and communities through activities and emergency responses carried out at national and international level.
MSYD, by carrying out field studies which regularly analyse the conditions of crisis affected people, and publishing situation reports; directs the attention of relevant organisations to crisis regions.
MSYD, pursuant to the principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality and accountability, adopts direct and quick response to the crisis affected individuals and communities, as the main principle.
The job holder will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Project Manager in preparing Monthly/Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining qualities of the Project activities and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with work closely with project team and project staffs, Government officials, private sector, non-government and civil society organizations.
3.Responsibilities & Tasks:
Within delegated authority, M&E Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Establishing comprehensive data collection tools and collecting projects quality and quantity data via community participatory assessment, monitoring study, case study, success story etc.
• Conduct comprehensive monitoring on project activities and expenditures towards achieving project output.
• Monitor and evaluate overall project progress on achievement of results.
• Providing code of conducts, child policy and any other relevant training to project staff.
• Ensuring organizational complaint mechanism
• Conducting staff individual assessment
• Provide feedback and suggestions to relevant project manager on project progress, activities and evaluation strategies.
• Assist relevant project managers in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations.
• Maintain timely and accurate record keeping in the database
• Draw up periodic reports on all project activities.
• Carry out any other duties relevant to the nature of the job as requested by the Project Manager.
• In case of temporary/permanently leave situation, Handover Report will be filled out and submitted to the relevant departments,
- University degree in business administration, economics, social sciences or any other closely relevant field.
- Relevant professional experience of not less than 3 years.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of monitoring, data collection, evaluation methodologies and report writing.
- Familiarity/prior experience within Humanitarian/NGO sector would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to prioritize and manage different tasks duly and effectively.
- Good command on report writing in English. Turkish and/or Arabic is an asset.
- Strong computer/IT literacy; particularly strong knowledge with Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to travel to different project locations in Turkey.
- Ability to work within a team structure or in isolation, flexible, and can cope with stressful workload and working with limited resources
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent analytical, organizational and facilitation skills
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills
- Flexible and responsive.
Language Skills: Fluent in English,
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point.
In relation to their level of skills and experience the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time that are reasonable.