MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER (Ref: EF Monitoring and Evaluation Officer)
|İMEP PROGRAMI (İstihdam için Mesleki Eğitim Programı)||Ankara|
|İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Improving the Employment Prospects for the Syrian Refugees and Host Communities by High-quality VET and Apprenticeship in Turkey (İMEP-VET4JOB) Programme - http://imep.org
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
Location: Turkey, Ankara
Employment Type: Full time
Type of Contract: Individual contract
Starting date: January 2022
Period of implementation: Until December 31, 2023
Expertise France (EF) is seeking job applicants for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer post in Ankara, with occasional travels to 12 programme provinces where the activities are implemented. The M&E Officer will report to the M&E Manager whilst assisting the programme management in M&E related tasks.
ABOUT EXPERTISE FRANCE
Expertise France is the French international technical cooperation agency, with a status of public institution under the joint supervision of the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and the Ministries of Finance and Economy. The agency meets the expertise requirements of partner countries in the main areas of public action: democratic, economic, and financial governance; peace, stability and security; climate, agriculture and sustainable development; health and human development. Expertise France has a portfolio of over 600 projects in more than 100 countries of operation. The agency has an extensive experience with different donor organizations and is accredited by the European Union for the management of delegated community funds.
BACKGROUND OF THE PROGRAMME
The overall objective of the İMEP-VET4JOB programme is to improve sustainable livelihoods and employment prospects for the refugees and host communities, by supporting their skills development through apprenticeship and vocational education training in line with labour market needs. In accordance with the suggested priorities in livelihoods of the refugees’ updated assessment needs, the Emergency Social Safety Net Exit (ESSN) Strategy and the current national Technical and Vocational Education and Training Strategy, the Action focuses on three specific objectives.
Specific Objective 1: Resilience of Syrian refugees and host communities strengthened through apprenticeship and vocational trainings.
Specific Objective 2: Child labour eradication efforts strengthened through apprenticeship and vocational trainings.
Specific Objective 3: Social and economic integration of Syrian refugees facilitated.
The Action’s primary focus is on ESSN beneficiaries including other refugees and host communities, with a view to ensure social cohesion from complex sensitivity perspective in line with the Commission Implementation Decision dated 18.07.2019, under FRIT. In this regard, in terms of average ratio, the Action targets to reach 60% Syrian and 40% host community participation in both apprenticeship and non-formal training. To guarantee the transformation of these skills developed in labour market integration, the Action also supports vocational guidance and career counselling services as well as start-up mentoring. With specific activities throughout the implementation period of the Programme, a special attention will be paid to gender balance and the promotion of the participation of women, prevention of child labour, language barrier and social cohesion subjects.
The İMEP-VET4JOB programme has been implemented by EF and its local implementing partner EDUSER in cooperation with the Ministry of National Education, Directorate General for Vocational and Technical Education and Confederation of Turkish Tradesmen and Craftsmen (TESK).
DESCRIPTION OF THE TASKS
Under the general supervision of the M&E Manager, the M&E Officer’s key responsibility is to support the efficient and effective functioning of the M&E system established for the programme to guide and steer the programme management in accordance with the processed and analysed monitoring data and information and to inform stakeholders, the contracting authority (EU Delegation to Turkey) as well as wider public about the progress and key achievements of the programme. Main tasks will be as follows;
- Assist the M&E Manager in regular, systematic and quality monitoring of all intended/unintended results of the programme and data collection against the indicators set in the logical framework,
- Assist the M&E Manager in all contractually binding and ad-hoc reporting processes,
- Assist the M&E Manager in the preparation and execution processes for mid-term and final evaluations as well as for the third party monitoring exercises to be conducted by EUD,
- Ensure that the M&E system in place is in line with EF’s M&E Policy and compliant with donor requirements as well as non-humanitarian programming and assistance standards.
Data collection, analysis and use:
- Take part in various assessments at different capacities e.g. data collection, data entry, analysis, translation, reporting
- Review the existing data collection tools, improve where necessary and support the design of other necessary tools for collecting both quantitative and qualitative data,
- Prior to data analysis and reporting, review incoming data for cleanness, completeness, consistency and assure the overall data quality as per the scheduled data gathering processes from the implementing partner as well as from the final beneficiary institutions,
- Conduct monitoring visits under the supervision of the M&E Manager to observe the implementation of activities and report back via relevant reporting templates.
Management information systems:
- Update the management information system (MIS) on the agreed frequency,
- Prepare dashboards and other visual materials to present data in a tangible and user friendly manner,
- Maintain filing system for data in soft and hard copies,
- Maintain security and confidentiality of data.
- Proactively engage respective programme staff from both implementing organisations to compile data and information as well as supporting documents concerning activities and outputs,
- Review monthly data and highlight additional data/information needs where relevant,
- Review monthly data and make preliminary assessments on achievements against targets,
- Support the M&E Manager in compiling inputs and annexes for regular activity and progress reports.
Teamwork and General Management:
- Strong communication and reporting skills in English (verbal and in writing),
- Ability to work with deadlines with good prioritisation and time management skills,
- Organisational awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment,
- Development and innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative,
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds and highest professional skills for teamwork.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: BSc/BA in Social Sciences, Computer Sciences, Statistics or related field,
- Experience: 3-5 years professional experience, with at least 2 years professional experience in a comparable position preferably with a focus on socio-economic support/development,
- Training/experience in M&E systems,
- Working knowledge in data collection, analysis and information/database management,
- Understanding of M&E standards for non-humanitarian and development assistance,
- Knowledge and experience in working with refugees and other vulnerable groups,
- Experience in EU project management.
- Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English. Turkish is required.
- Computer skills: Very good working knowledge of ICT and applications e.g. MS Office, particularly Excel, Access and PowerBI, also experience in using online data collection and survey tools and software e.g. Kobo, ODK, Survey Monkey alike.
Deadline of submission: 30 November, 2021
Applications must be made in English. Please send your applications to the following e-mail address:
with the reference to “EF Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” and with a
- a CV, including references and
- a cover letter.
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
- Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
İMEP PROGRAMI (İstihdam için Mesleki Eğitim Programı)
The final beneficiaries of the programme are Ministry of National Education (MoNE) and Confederation of Turkish Tradesmen and Craftsmen (TESK) and the contracting authority is Delegation of the European Union to Turkey (EUD).