International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation-IBC is looking for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant according to following qualifications.
International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation – IBC is an emerging NGO. IBC acts with impartiality in the belief that people are created equal and have the right to dignity, proper sheltering, food, healthcare, education and proper standards of living. The organization has since then been supporting vulnerable and marginalized groups such as refugees, IDPs, people with disabilities and children.
End of Contract: 30.09.2020, Full Time
- To work directly with the Program coordinator [NF1] to ensure CRMmechanism in the hubs including, Face to Face, e-mail and phone complaints and feedback are collected properly from beneficiaries.
- Compile and submit quality reports to Program Coordinator & project manager for further consolidation and management decision making
- Support/ participate in developing the accountability system of the projects.
- Develop information provision materials in coordination with project team.
- Conduct observations, Focus Group Discussions and information provision activities with different persons of different age groups (children, youth, adults) and different gender
- Protect the confidentiality of the beneficiaries’ data/information;Carry out monitoring visits and support M& E Process from the accountablity perspective.
- Work independently and/or jointly with the multi-sectoral project teams. This includes collecting quality and reliable quantitative and qualitative (FGDs and one to one sesions) data as per the accountability plan.
- Work closely with projects’ staff in the field and track progress against projects’ indicators on monthly basis and update indicators’ tracking sheet in cooperation with the M&E officer.
- Work closely with relevant project staff and partners to collect compliance feedback and to esnure that beneficaries reach accurate service.
- Conduct one success story/case study about project interventions at the end of each month.
- Carry out jointly monitoring visits every week to infıhubs prepare a joint monitoring report including agreed action points during visits and follow up on action points from the joint monitoring visits.
- Translate monitoring and compliance data collected from the field from Arabic to English/ Turkish language and vice versa, when required.
- Provide M&E inputs in accordance with complaince mechanisms to monthly, quarterly and annual project reports.
- Bachelor degree in international development, international relations, statistics, rural development, data management, or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 6 months’ experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection activities (surveys, assessments, monitoring, evaluations, etc.)
- Fluency in speaking Arabic is required
- Ability to write very good quality reports in English is preferable
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organizational relationships
- Inspires trust within/outside of the organization
- Develops high levels of credibility and accountability
- Minimum one-year experience of working in a relief or development agency (preferably in the monitoring and evaluation domain)
- Ability to travel to the project offices with a schedule.
Deadline to apply: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis with the deadline to apply June 10th, 2020. The position will be filled as soon as a well-qualified person is identified. Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for interview. Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English, one page CV and a cover letter. The salary is based on IBC’s salary policy in line with the project budget. Applications by phone will not be accepted.
IBC (UA Mavi Hilal)
Since more than 19 years, IBC has been working to help in alleviating human sufferings, hunger, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, color, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age, and sexual orientation, genetic and physical features.