Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Assistant
|Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Assistant
About the Job
Responsible for conducting Monitoring & Evaluation activities in the respective area or sub office as per work plan
Geographic scope: Field Office-Kahramanmaraş
This role has a field office focus and receives feedback from relevant stakeholders regarding compliance of programme activities to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area of responsibility. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
• Carry out quantitative and qualitative data collection activities at either area or sub office level
• Support the design and piloting of monitoring tools to be used during activities and assistance
• During monitoring activities ensure beneficiaries are treated with respect, confidentiality and informed consent
• Carry out data collection, data entry and data translation work
• Refer on potential vulnerable cases to Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer or sensitive issues that might be observed in the field
• Keep supervisor informed of any safety incident that might take place
• Solve problems and conflicts that might occur during monitoring, report to supervisor and respond to minor complaints coming from beneficiaries
Reporting and information 30%
• Submit weekly and monthly reports to the MEAL Officer on achievements and challenges related to monitoring and evaluation activities
• Produce weekly report about the calls received through DRC Programmatic Feedback and Complaints Hotline
• As possible support MEAL Officer in data management and analysis processes
• Participate in the internal evaluation of the program
• Support the implementation of DRC’s complaints mechanism as receiving calls from hotline and periodically checking complaint boxes in DRC and partner organization premises
• On area or sub office level monitor whether both accountability mechanisms (programmatic and CoC) are advertised with appropriate tools (posters, fliers, boxes) adequately within DRC and IP premises
• Support MEAL Officer for ensuring that received feedback and complaints within DRC’s programmatic feedback and complaint mechanism are communicated to program teams in a timely manner
To be successful in this role, you must have bachelor’s diploma or equivalent professional qualification.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Required experience and competencies
• Minimum 1 year of experience in monitoring and evaluation
• Training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
• Good analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
• Demonstrated ability and understanding to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and techniques such as focus group discussions, key informant interviews, observations to name a few.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to analyze data and summarize it for a range of different audiences.
• Basic skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
• Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
• Experience of working within budget constraints.
• Experience of qualitative research techniques
• English proficiency
• Fluency in local language: Turkish or Arabic.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 8 Months (renewable dependent on both funding and performance)
Employment Band: I
Designation of Duty Station: Antakya
Start date: 21.12.2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 06.12.2020
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.