Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Coordinator
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting to: MEAL Manager
Technical reports: NA
Budget responsibility: NA
ABOUT Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
Under the supervision of MEAL Manager, the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Coordinator coordinates MEL across all RI’s programs to ensure a standard level of quality of MEL system is working effectively, and ensuring the accuracy and reliability of data that presents RI in donors’ reports.
S/he will support learning/monitoring and evaluation activities across all RI’s projects, this includes; process and tools development, data collection and analysis, reporting, and some evaluation. S/he will work in close coordination with the relevant staff to continuously improve MEL level of RI with specific focus on the following areas: qualitative and quantitative data collection, assessment scheduling and coordination, data analysis and use, and quality monitoring.
The MEL Coordinator will contribute in supporting RI partners to apply the standard monitoring approaches in line with RI policy and framework. In addition to review the partners’ tools and database to ensure their accuracy which should meet the standard indicators.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Develop the data collection tools and MEL activities that provides accurate and usable figures and information for donors ‘reports.
- Assist in the design of information collection tools and research methodologies.
- Manage the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of data collection process and the proper link with RI requirements.
- Organize data collection process/analyze this data. Take part and carry out assessments, evaluation and any other form of survey or review of projects.
- Maintain the indicator tracking tables to report the progress on the indicators for all donors and highlight that variance under each of any indicator on a timely manner.
- Manage digital data collection using Kobo Toolbox technology.
- Support Grants and Program teams in feeding the needed reports.
- Manage the communication with the TPM and external evaluations to facilitate their tasks and activities.
- Ensure an active and adequate follow up process by tracking the recommendation and action points from different sources of monitoring or evaluation activities to programs staff and technical department.
- Design the projects' logframes on LogAlto platform and ensure that the monthly and the quarterly figures are updated into the system
Team Management and Capacity Building:
- Provide direct supervision of the MEL field team by scheduling and follow up their conducted activities in the field.
- Provide capacity building trainings to RI’s MEAL team inside Syria on MEL tools and approaches.
- Ensure maximum ability to manage team and workload by efficient delegation of tasks.
- Provide necessary support for MEL officers occasionally, including filling in the gaps, support on daily tasks and coordination with other relevant teams.
- Support MEL field officers in conducting surveys in the field in coordination with the department management and leading the communication and coordination with field enumerators.
- Ensure that all the relevant partner staff know, meet, and apply RI MEL minimum standards for the grant.
- Ensure positive and effective on the job coaching from RI MEL team to partner MEL staff.
- Train the partners (when applicable) on program monitoring and data collection tools.
- Contribute to partnership monitoring by participating in partner review meetings and processes.
- Ensure positive and effective communication are established between the partners and RI MEL staff.
- Ensure follow up regular meetings with partner’s focal points (face to face and/or online)
Revise monitoring activities reports for all MEL activities in the field and ensure the proper sharing with relevant staff.
Ensure timely and quality submission of MEL sections of donors’ monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and final reports (based on the time frame of the donors’ reports).
Coordinate all donor’s/RI related MEL reporting deadlines and work closely with MEL officers, partners, and grants team on meeting those deadlines.
Ensure familiarity with all donor’s/RI reporting requirements (template, Sex- and age-disaggregated data (SADD), content, etc.)
Ensure all MEL reports are reviewed by MEL and program staff and that constructive feedback is given with relevant follow and support provided.
Lead the monthly data submissions for the related figures and ITT.
Contribute in providing the needed information and figures during the proposal development (framework, need assessments, MEL activity and reporting et.)
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelor degree in statistics, informatics, social sciences, international affairs or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience, preferably in humanitarian contexts.
- Fluency in Arabic and advanced proficiency in English, including demonstrated skills in writing in English.
- Demonstrated experience in designing data collection tools, particularly survey design and building electronic forms.
- Demonstrated experience in data interpretation and analysis, as well as narrative report writing.
- Experience training and building capacity on data collection, tools, and systems.
- Experience in project and staff management.
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office and advanced skills in Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural environment, including the ability to listen, collaborate, problem solve, and effectively delegate tasks. Promotes teamwork and handles pressure well.
- Technical knowledge of program sectors, such as health, Nutrition, protection, and emergency responses
- Background/Knowledge on beneficiary feedback and complaint mechanisms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with development of logframes and SMART indicators.
- Experience with statistical analysis software such as Stata, SPSS, or EpiInfo.
- Experience working with non-profit and non-governmental organizations in the humanitarian sector.
- Prior experience working in remote-management situations.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
RI Has a zero-tolerance policy towards any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation, abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption, and fraud. RI also adheres to strict safeguarding principles.
How to Apply:
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to provided in the apply/başvur button before February 27, 2023, stating in the subject “**MEL Coordinator **“ All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply