|Vacancy Notice Number:||VN#TR/2018/197|
|Position Title:||National Migration Health Physician|
|Classification:||One Year Fixed Term Contract -with possible extension (NOB)|
|Duty Station:||Ankara-Istanbul Turkey|
|Deadline of Applications:||6 December 2018|
|Number of Vacant Positions:||2|
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission, IOM Turkey, the direct supervision of Chief Medical Officer in Istanbul in coordination with the coordinator of Migration Health Assessment Centre Ankara, the incumbent shall perform the following essential functions:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conducting health assessment for migrant populations according to provided technical instructions, Guidelines/ Protocolsfor migrants and IOM Migration Health Assessment Guidelines under mandate of International Organization for Migration including review chest radiographs,check accuracy and medical documents, suggest corrective measures and ensure client-oriented services
2. Enter medical information and other details into health databases and maintain records to assure appropriate flow of health data.
3. Maintain confidentiality of health information,contribute to fraud prevention, and assure correctness of applicant identification procedures.
4. Coordinate with other IOM departments, IOM in destination countries, and donors to assure smooth implementation of resettlement programme.
5. Take necessary arrangements for addressing significant medical conditions and organizing assistance in accordance with IOM mandate and procedures directly or through health partners, with special focus on: providing info to the migrants, refugees and affected family members,counselling of positive cases, providing treatment or referral for treatment,making necessary medical arrangement including medical escorts, and following up patients where necessary.
6. Conduct Pre-embarkation medical examination, and arrange medical related travel assistance to departing refugees.
7. Ensure and follow up in coordination with medical staff, data processing team and medical health unit, that the following activities are performed in accordance with the technical requirements of the resettlement countries:
8. Pre- Contribute to the analysis and technical elaboration of data gathered from the migration health assessment.
9. Coordinate with the local/national health authorities, physicians, hospitals and laboratories, as needed.
10. In coordination with the CMO liaise with in the health and immigration authorities such as embassies, donors, DIBP, CIC and theUS Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If requested by CMO,represent MHD in the internal and external meetings.
11. Contribute to maintenance of medical logistics related to refugee health assessment and movement.
12. Act as a medical escort assisting sick refugees and displaced population travelling under auspices of IOM within country or abroad when required.
13. Take part in staff capacity building activities through daily basis technical guidance and provision of training
14. Assist CMO in the preparation, design, analysis and implementation of research activities related to the migration health,tuberculosis and sexually transmitted diseases.
15. Assist CMO in developing potential health and migration projects/programmes for the mission.
16. Performing any other related duties that may be assigned by the direct supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education and Experience:
- University Degree in medicine.
- At least five years of experience in clinical practice; Compassionate attitude to the patients. Good bedside manners.
- Valid local medical license to practice medicine in Turkey.
- Excellent knowledge of the health care system and organization of the specialized health care in Turkey.
- Excellent knowledge of public health, refugee health, Tuberculosis management and international health can be asset
- Computer literacy.
- Willingness and ability to work in difficult conditions.
- Cultural and gender sensitivity: ability to work with the colleagues with different cultural backgrounds.
- · Fluency in English is required.
- · Arabic is an advantage.
- Effectively applies knowledge of health issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 6 December 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.