The Project officer will work closely with the Health Coordinator and senior management team of QC Turkey. Under the supervision of the Health Coordinator, the Project Officer will be responsible for tracking all aspects of the project implementation through QC’s program management tracking tools; this will include filling in a weekly program tracker to measure program indicators, monitor activities and achievement of planned targets.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide support to the Health Coordinator in the implementation of the health/ nutrition projects, in areas of mobilization, monitoring and evaluation, timely reporting, timely course correction, project closure, project assessments, and internal information sharing.
- Work closely with technical and program management staff and form a link between the programs and operations department, whilst staying aware of any procurement and distribution developments.
- Participate in regular meetings and communication with the field, ensuring information sharing with Health Coordinator and other team members, as well as keeping an accurate log of all meetings on the online meetings tracker; Project Officer should coordinate with all departments to ensure that this meetings tracker is kept up to date on daily and that accurate minutes are recorded.
- Perform regular visits to site locations and communities on monthly basis, prepare field visits reports showing the close work with field teams and their needs.
- Assist with the production of donor reports through coordination with the Health Coordinator.
- Participate in regular meetings and communication with the field, ensuring information sharing with Health Coordinator and other team members in relation to distributions and logistics.
- Manage all necessary admin paper work to pay incentives and running costs of assigned health facilities.
- Provide the Health Coordinator with immediate knowledge and analysis of any potential misconduct or gap in field procedures about operations and administration policies; this should be done through QC’s complaints and feedback mechanism, coordination with the health facilities.
- Manage the health facilities drive and meet monthly deadlines set by the Health Coordinator for the production and uploading of fact books, summaries, staff lists, and pictures from all supported health facilities.
- Maintain awareness about international standards with regard to program design and implementation and humanitarian relief and development best practices.
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Hold a Turkish citizenship.
- Educated to degree level with at least a bachelor’s degree in Health, Development or social science closely related to Humanitarian/Development sector.
- A minimum of 2 years, both at the field and headquarters levels.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with international development programming; Education strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English and Arabic are essential, Turkish is a plus.
- Excellent writing and research skills and high level of computer literacy.
- Familiarity with UN regulations and grants administration.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex activities, meet deadlines, and exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Good administration skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
- Must be flexible, adaptable and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CVs, a motivation letter and 3 references to: email@example.com by COB April 12, 2021, mentioning the position they applied for in the email Subject. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please bear in mind that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. QC will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf.
QATAR CHARITY TURKEY OFFICE
In the performance of its activities in cooperation with different humanitarian and development partners, Qatar Charity is committed to the principles of partnership such as equality, transparency, responsibility, and integration. QC is also committed to the fundamental humanitarian principles of independence, neutrality and impartiality.