Title: NWS HR Manager
Department: Human Resources
Location: NWS Turkey
Reporting to: NWS Hub Team Leader
Technical reports: WOS HR Manager
Budget responsibility: Based on Matrix of Authority
ABOUT Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading non-profit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
Under the direct supervision of the NWS Hub Team Leader with a technical reporting line to the WoS HR Manager, the NWS HR Manager is responsible for transparent implementation of HR functions in RI NWS (Syria & Turkey) offices, effective delivery of HR services, and management of the NWS HR Unit. The NWS HR Manager will analyse, interpret, and applies HR policies, rules and regulations, establish internal procedures, formulate new HR programs, and provide innovative solutions to a broad spectrum of complex HR issues in the Syrian context. The HR Manager promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ensure follow up for timely processing of new contract, contract’s extension, staff transfer, promotions and other change of status in full alignment to RI policies for both Turkey/ Syria staff based
- Respond to employee related queries and provide ensure being reference to al key organizational policies.
- Make sure that employees’ files are auditable always as per RI standards and any relevant donors’ requirements and in country regulations.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of HR policies and procedures across the country program (Turkey & Syria).
- Ensure full compliance with the administrative agreement in relation to HR section such as but not limited to staff awareness/policies sessions are completed within two weeks of joining, signed attendance lists are available, tracking staff refresher sessions, due diligence and enhanced due diligence related to recruitment process. Etc
Compensation and benefits
- In collaboration with the Programs & Finance Department, supervise the perpetration of the payroll for Syria & Turkey, by follow up of leave records, timesheets and any change of status related to indirect staff, PAFs for national/direct staff and ensure accuracy of submitted payrolls including benefits (severance and insurance)
- Ensure all needed support documents (such as time sheets, leave records, insurance & severance) with the Finance Department for duly preparation of monthly payroll (direct & indirect staff) Syria based & Turkey.
Training & Performance Management
- Cooperate with WoS HR Manager on staff training and ensure tying training objectives to training opportunities, this will require review and follow up on goal setting for all staff with anticipated quality
- Collaborate with the line managers in the identification of available trainings and follow up of attendance records.
- Serve as a model of supervisory excellence; supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being.
- Conduct awareness session on RI Excel (performance Management) system for newcomers and provide support on timely manner
- Ensure RI excel Tracker are updated and reminder for staff are sent on time.
- Capture all training conducted outside the LMS by having attendance records
- Ensure adding the new staff on the system and follow up on OD&T objectives
Recruitment and Change of Status:
- Ensure following and reviewing the process of the recruitment with the HR Coordinator and program department for Syria staff (National, Direct/indirect).
- Audit and review recruitment process with coordination of HR Coordinator and participate with interviews, selection…etc when needed.
- Revision of policies, in collaboration with the WOS HR Manager and update where needed in alignment with RI global policies.
- Update the developed SPOs, definitions for staff and benefits in Syria in coordination with the WOS HR Manager when needed.
- Regular update on the salary scale and benchmark of both Turkey and Syria
- Ensure full coordination with Turkey HR team for processes & procedures such as but not limited to: 1. Payroll process and supporting documents (timesheets, PAFs, contracts, exit clearness…etc) 2. Occupational health and safety regulations. 3. Prepare WP consultant documents by following up with the related departments in addition follow up with the consultant on WPs status.
- Conduct capacity evaluation/assessment for partners based on the approved capacity building plan in coordination with partnership unit.
- Conduct orientations about (RI-HR policies, procedures, benefits, and insurance)
- Cooperate with Grants departments to schedule partners meeting such as coordination, lesson learns and Grants reviews.
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who meet Relief International are as safe as possible.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- At least 5 years of HR experience, out of them at least 5 years of experience in managerial level.
- 3-year previous experience in an INGO.
- University degree on social studies or any relevant field. Any HR previous training will be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing HR policies, procedures, and systems.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Demonstrated excellent computer literacy (Excel, word, internet).
- Knowledge of Syria context and remote management in fragile settings
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
RI Has a zero-tolerance policy towards any behaviour that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation, abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption, and fraud. RI also adheres to strict safeguarding principles.
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to email@example.com before October 11, 2022, stating in the subject “NWS HR Manager“ All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply