Position: Office Maintenance Clerk
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Report to: Admin Assistant
Global Communities’ (GC) Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Syria crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, OHA is commencing responding directly in Syria, intensifying GC’s assistance to Syrian IDP’s. This will be done through an approach to programming where projects will be focused on the sustainability rather than relief delivery.GC is a fully registered organization in Turkey and is currently building its humanitarian response professionals in Turkey.
The overal responsiblity of Office clerk will be to provide administrative support to ensure efficient maintenance of the office.
Office Clerk reports to Administration Assistant
The office clerk is responsible for the following:
- Assist in managing the day-to-day and long-term maintenance of the office.
- Schedule regular maintenance activities
- Run service calls, repair plumbing, electric, mechanical, carpentry and various types of equipment repairs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Facilitates move of furniture, office supplies and equipment upon supervisor request
- Inspect company equipment for possible problems and report findings
- Ensure that control panels and electric locks are in proper working condition
- Install television and computer cables as needed
- Replace broken windows and door locks
- Take measures to perform maintenance on equipment and tools
- Assist and supervises maintenance or remodeling projects
- Control ACs and run periodical maintenances when needed.
- Assist to admin assistant on documentation of purchase order and procurement request regarding maintenance and office supplies/equipments
- Work with and maintain relationships with contracted vendors for office works
- Sort and distribute incoming envelopes, packages, etc.
- Answer the phone to take messages or redirect calls to appropriate colleagues as needed
- Scan and file documents
- Any other related tasks assigned by supervisor
Experience and Technical Skills
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in maintenance works
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of basic computer use – Email/Outlook, MS word, etc.
- Past work with local NGOs and/or international donor funded programs preferred.
- High analytical and reporting skills.
- Team player with excellent planning skills
- Ability to solve problems in the field with suppliers
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions
- Good command of spoken and written Turkish
Due to the urgency of this position; the position is open only to candidates holding Turkish Nationality.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter no later than 21 June, 2019. Please, make sure to put the Job Title and Vacancy Number in the subject section, otherwise the application will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We envision a world where everyone has the freedom, means and ability to live and prosper with dignity.
Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
About Global Communities
We don’t tell the community what to do, they tell us.
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself.
We make a difference by engaging with communities, governments, the private sector, and NGOs as partners for good—bringing together complementary strengths and shared responsibilities to work toward common goals.
Global Communities has existed for more than 60 years. Until 2012, we were known as CHF International and, before that, the Cooperative Housing Foundation. We are a non-profit organization.
What distinguishes our work?
The power of what we do lies in our ability to develop relationships that put the people of the community at the forefront of their own development. Enriched by the ability to build trust and understanding, it is our heartfelt focus on community and partnership that distinguishes our work.
Global Communities currently works in more than 20 countries around the world in Africa, Asia, Europe & the Caucasus, Latin America & the Caribbean and the Middle East.