General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
Overview of the role:
The overall responsibility for this role is to maintain an effective, efficient, compliant, safe, secure, operating environment in which GOAL’s team in Gaziantep can provide support to the broader programme implementation in the region. This role is responsible for the smooth running of that Gaziantep offices and will work closely with other GOAL offices in Turkey with remote reporting and management.
Safety and Security
In the absence/unavailability of the Safety & Security Advisor act as country safety and security focal point for Gaziantep, including (but not limited to):
- Maintaining and ensuring compliance with Security Management Plans, including contingency plans and relevant SOPs
- Conducting safety reviews of prospective premises and ensure compliance with minimum safety and security standards in coordination with Security Advisor
- Monitoring, reporting and tracking incidents and trends in local security contexts and informing management and staff of necessary procedures
- Monitoring the Gaziantep offices, identifying new threats, assessing GOAL’s vulnerabilities and reporting to management and the Security Advisor for action
- Tracking expatriate and visiting staff movements/locations for Gaziantep
- Regularly maintain safety equipment and first aid kits as per check list
- Ensure that all GOAL premises in Gaziantep meet minimum health and safety requirements and provide a safe working environment for GOAL staff.
Office Management and Staff Support
Oversee and facilitate the functioning of the GOAL Offices in Gaziantep:
- Line manage support system functions within the offices, liaise with technical line managers as needed to ensure that systems staff in the offices have adequate support and guidance
- Support the induction of new staff in the offices, including but not limited to, providing a workspace and relevant equipment
- Oversee functioning of the offices, ensure office and kitchen supplies are stocked, and facilitate basic day-to-day office running etc.
- Meet reporting requirements for in-country and head office requirements,
Administration and representation
- Liaise with the Legal advisor and representing GOAL Gaziantep on labour issues at Ministry of Labour and the Industrial Relations Court if needed
- Liaise with HR colleagues in other NGOs to ensure best practice sharing
- Ensure that international employees and visitors receive support for visa and permit applications and securing accommodation, including attending the relevant government authorities’ offices to obtain relevant documentation for staff;
- Oversee the administrative functions of GOAL Gaziantep offices
- Develop and implement in cooperation with the HR team an HR system, policies and procedures including but not limited to; contract templates, staff database and files, leave monitoring,
- Set up and manage staff social security and pension for national staff;
- Liaise with GOAL’s legal advisor to ensure compliance with legal requirements and best practice
- Coordinate recruitment for office staff as required, ensuring compliance with legal requirements and GOAL standards
- Ensure thorough reference and background checks are conducted on newly recruited national staff members
- Plan comprehensive induction programmes for new staff
- Work with the HR team and the Compliance team to ensure complete participation and tracking of policy training and implementation
- Act as focal point for GOAL’s online training platform and promote usage.
- Develop, implement and maintain strategies that facilitate employee empowerment, motivation and team work
- Ensure the timely completion of staff performance appraisals by managers
- Advise line managers on staff disciplinary matters in accordance with best practice and Turkish Labour Law.
- Follow up with suppliers and service providers for timely invoice and payment submissions.
- Prepare payments request forms for venders and service providers upon receiving claims/invoices
- Working closely with the Finance department on submitting the monthly cash projection
- In coordination with Safe code holder, complete monthly closing cash journals for both TL and USD and cash count and send to financial controller
- Ensure timely payment of both office and staff accommodations
- Make monthly payment for social security and payroll
- Arrange for other payments as necessary
- Verification of invoices before submitting any PRF
- Manage all premises in Gaziantep; ensure adequate office and residential premises are in place, leases are maintained, payments made etc. acting as key focal point for landlords.
- Ensure timely repairs and maintenance of premises ensuring all services are working to an adequate standard, utility payments are made on a regular basis etc.
- Support the relocation of premises as needed,
- Develop checklists for cleaning staff and ensure an appropriate level of cleanliness is maintained at all times in all premises
- Ensure the regular delivery of drinking water at both locations,
- Monitor stocks and use of consumables and the functioning of equipment/assets, and action accordingly,
- Arrange staff travel as needed; airport pickups, travel to meetings etc.
- Manage assets based in Gaziantep, ensure staff sign for assets, complete regular asset checks and support the logistic team to maintain the asset register
- Ensure filing system is as it is required
- Monitor and control programme stocks; maintain stock cards, record transactions should be checked
- Draft PRs for the logistics needs
- Track logbooks and vehicle checklist and vehicle maintenance
- Initiate systems procurements as needed in collaboration/cooperation with the procurement team; guesthouse and office-related supplies, furniture and hardware as needed,
- Ensure that all procurement is carried out in a timely manner and in accordance with GOALs procurement manual,
- In conjunction with Finance teams, assurance is provided to GOAL’s management that GOAL’s procurement practices provide the highest value for money, through leading assurance and control framework
- Follow up procurement charts and authorization table accordingly.
Reporting & Meetings:
- Provide weekly reports to the Deputy Head of Systems; copying the Systems Director and Technical Coordinators on issues pertaining to systems functions
- Provide weekly reports to the Finance team on all issues pertaining to Finance.
- Participate in monthly “Housekeeping” Meeting with Office Staff.
- Provide monthly FAR & Fleet reports to Logistics Coordinator
- Provide quarterly Logistics report to Logistics Coordinator
The above list of duties is not exhaustive list. The Gaziantep Office Manager is expected to complete additional responsibility and tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
Requirements (Person Specification)
- Minimum two years’ experience in HR/office management
- Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or similar relevant field
- Experience of working in the NGO sector preferred
- Detailed knowledge of Turkish Labour and Immigration laws
- Excellent communication skills
- Solution focused, team player, able to work in a flexible, supportive manner to colleagues
- Motivated self-starter, able to make decisions and take action independently
- Competent computer skills, in particular MS Word and Excel
- Good English language skills.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 29 October 2019.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households. GOAL worked in Turkey in 2015-2016 to respond to the Health needs of Syrians in Turkey and will resume programming in Turkey in 2018 with a focus on Protection needs.