Vacancy Notice Number:
Gaziantep - Turkey
Deadline of Applications:
8 December 2021
Number of People to be hired
Internal and External Candidates
Under the overall supervision of the Senior MEAL Assistant and the direct supervision of the Community Feedback Assistance, the On-call Enumerator, will be responsible for supporting the M&E data collection and community feedback processes of the Refugee Response programme.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support M&E assistant in FGDs organization process and documentation.
- Administration of quantitative and qualitative data for IOM projects during activity, process, post assistance and outcome monitoring and recording beneficiary responses as instructed.
- Follow confidentiality and security procedures to ensure respondent privacy is protected.
- Conduct initial data quality review at field level before submission to the team leader.
- Support collection and documentation of beneficiary feedback during field monitoring visits and share with community feedback assistant CFA.
- Conducting follow up calls to beneficiaries to gather their feedback and closing the feedback in consultation with CFA.
- Ensure that appropriate tools are used for data collection and documentation through verification with the CFA before data collection.
- Use M&E devices allocated for data collection appropriately and ensure they are managed well at field level.
- Comply with the requirements for conducting a successful interview and ensuring beneficiary consent before interviews.
- Support community feedback assistant (CFA) in information provision sessions to beneficiaries in the field and through help center.
- Support CFA in distribution of visibility materials for IOM in the field.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Social Science, Statistics or Development Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with one year of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Previous experience in data collection or relevant field experience.
- Proven ability in translation from/to Arabic to/from English is required;
- Proven ability to consolidate and validate information from multiple sources;
- Proven ability to work with presentation software, e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint is a must;
- Knowledge in advance excel, power-BI, and statistical analysis, preferred;
- Experience in M&E implementation and community-based feedback mechanism is an asset
- Fluency in Arabic and English is required
- Working knowledge of Turkish is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application, including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 8 December 2021
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Project Field Coordinator
- Project Assistant (Social Services)
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant re-advertised
- Communications Assistant (Videographer/Photographer)– re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (WASH)
- Project Assistant (Protection) re-advertised
- On-call Enumerator
- On-call Enumerator
- On-call Interpreter
- Project Assistant (Livelihood) re-advertised