Vacancy Notice Number:
On call Field Support Staff (M&E)
Deadline of Applications:
26 April 2019
Number of People to be hired
Internal and External Candidates
With the crisis in Syria in its 7th year, a political solution is still to be found as the conflict remain unresolved and the heavy fighting between the government and opposition forces has continued throughout the country generating regional refugee crisis. 3.9 million Syrian refugees are living in neighboring countries, with over 2.7 million in Turkey. While over 260,000 Syrians are living in 25 camps across Turkey, the remaining 2.5 million (accounting for 90%) live outside of camps in urban and rural areas throughout the country.
In line with the Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan (3RP), IOM is providing multiservice assistance for Syrians including transportation, NFIs, support to food kitchens, voucher distributions, and support to community centers established by NGOs, reaching approximately 500,000 individuals to date. Under overall supervision of Head of Sub Office in coordination with Senior MEAL Assistant and direct supervision of Community Feedback Assistant.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under overall supervision of Head of Sub Office in coordination with Senior MEAL Assistant and direct supervision of Community Feedback Assistant, the candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Support M&E assistant in FGDs organization process and documentation.
- Administration of quantitative and qualitative data for IOM projects during activity, process, post assistance and outcome monitoring and recording beneficiary responses as instructed.
- Follow confidentiality and security procedures to ensure respondent privacy is protected.
- Conduct initial data quality review at field level before submission to the team leader.
- Support collection and documentation of beneficiary feedback during field monitoring visits and share with community feedback assistant CFA.
- Conducting follow up calls to beneficiaries to gather their feedback and closing the feedback in consultation with CFA.
- Ensure that appropriate tools are used for data collection and documentation through verification with the CFA before data collection.
- Use M&E gadgets allocated for data collection appropriately and managed well at field level.
- Comply with the requirements necessary for conducting a successful interview and ensuring beneficiary consent before interviews.
- Support community feedback assistant CFA in information provision sessions to beneficiaries in the field and through help center.
- Support CFA in distribution of visibility materials for IOM in the field.
- Complete any other tasks given by line managers.
- High school and/or equivalent training/experience in relevant field.
- Knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Previous experience in data collection or relevant field experience.
- Proven ability in translation from/to Arabic to/from English is required;
- Proven ability to consolidate and validate information from multiple sources;
- Proven ability to work with presentation software, e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint is a must;
- Knowledge in advance excel, power-BI, and statistical analysis, preferred;
- Experience in M&E implementation and community-based feedback mechanism is an asset
- Fluency Arabic and English are required.
- Knowledge of Turkish is advantageous.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 26 April 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.