Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Regional Manager for Europe and CIS and within the coordination of OV Team Coordinator or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will:
a. Coordinating the Online Volunteering programme and service in Europe and CIS countries and focusing on:
- Coordinate the engagement and promotion of online volunteering by contributing to networking efforts and building relationships with relevant organizations, delivering information meetings and workshops for target organizations and providing relevant information and assistance;
- Assist with planning and organizing series of on-site and online public events on promoting volunteer modalities of UNV among UN Agencies, NGOs, UN Volunteers and other target groups, including in close coordination with ROECIS and UNV global teams;
- Support ROECIS portfolio team to combine online volunteer services with onsite UN Volunteer services by coordinating the relationships management with UN partners;
- Develop creative business solutions to extend the operation in the region.
b. Providing support to the users of UNV’s Online Volunteering service focusing on achieving the following results:
- Respond to general queries including updating of standard messages;
- Screen organizations’ applications from a given portfolio of countries submitted ensuring required information is complete, assessing compliance with established criteria, e.g. adherence to UN policies, accreditation with ECOSOC, verifying applicant organizations’ goals and activities through Internet research, and getting timely feedback from field teams, other;
- Assist with organization and volunteer feedback monitoring and take action as and when relevant;
- Screen online volunteering opportunities by organizations, ensuring clear task descriptions, context and expected development impact;
- Guide users on other website-related issues and problem solving;
- Actively participate in developing / reigning business requirement for continuous systems optimization (from the end -user and service administrator perspective).
c. Supporting Knowledge Management:
- Support regional manager and UNV in delivering webinars, producing visibility tools, drafting knowledge products;
- Generate and prepare data sheets, presentations on OV together with an analysis and evaluation including sharing information for RBM processes;
- Regular follow-up the trend and brief regional manager and UNV team by proposing mitigation measures or new business solutions in OV;
- Close follow-up online volunteering services providing to the partners and support Communication team to collect information, draft stories, articles, social media posts and other relevant materials for website, social media channels etc and knowledge sharing;
- Edit and translate documents related to user journey guidance and other online volunteering content.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
- Minimum Bachler’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. social sciences, development studies, marketing, international relations or area related to developing business and programme management.
Required experience 36 Months
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in programme management, implementation, business development, partnerships relation or other relevant programmes; experience with online/digital platforms and volunteerism are an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Knowledge of work with United Nations is an advantage;
- Experience in volunteer mobilization or working with civil society organizations of Europe and CIS region highly desirable;
- Experience working in international organizations is an asset;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Have affinity with or interest in relationships management, programme implementation, business development with marketing, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- Working knowledge in another UN language (mainly Russian, French, Spanish) is an asset.
- Proficiency in using computers and office software packages (MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Advance experience with database management and in handling of web-based management systems.
Competencies and values
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Strong client oriented manner is mandatory.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise
Volunteer programmes and volunteer management, Development programme/project administration, Human resources management and development
UN Volunteer (Specialist) category is for the mid-level professionals who are minimum 27 years old and have minimum 3 years of professional experience. These are mandatory requirements to be shortlisted.
National UN Volunteer assignments are only open for Turkish citizens who has a work permit in Turkey. Other countries’ citizens are not eligible to be shortlisted in NUNV assignments.
The duration of this assignment will be extended upon the successful deliverables of UN Volunteers in line with the expectations and targets of the assignment described in this Call for Application.
The current monthly living allowance of a national UN Volunteer in Turkey is TRY 7133 with a full coverage of private insurance and additional benefits ie access to learning platforms.
There is an increase in monthly living allowance in each May. There is no pension and social security payment in UN Volunteer assignments, these costs are belonging to the person. The candidate can find the details of entitlements in the UNV Conditions of Service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified after the application deadline and will have information about written test and interview.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Turkey and legal residents in Turkey with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 28-09-2021
Expected Start Date: 1 December 2021