Job Opportunity: Operations Assistant
Number of Position: 1
Location: Gaziantep / Turkey
Global Communities is an international non-profit humanitarian organization working to improve the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable populations around the world. From our office in Turkey, Global Communities is providing humanitarian support to vulnerable and conflict-affected households in Syria and seeks an Operations Assistant to support this humanitarian programming.
This position reports to the Senior Operations Officer and is responsible for implementing projects, while based in Turkey through humanitarian assistance programming.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Operations Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Participate in assist to ensure the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of new initiatives and procedures related to Operations.
- Prepare and record all required documents related to operation progress as hard and soft copies
- Assist in the operation process, such as follow up approval process of purchase orders and prepare the support docs accordingly over PODIO and ERP system and prepare requested reports that are required.
- Assist in the implementations and managing of contracts in transport, warehousing, and fleet where necessary.
- Assist in reporting any discrepancies or damages immediately, before signing the reception documents.
- Assist in the preparation and archiving of warehousing and inventory management.
- Conduct site visits and Quality Control/Check Process for GC commodities.
- Assist in arranging stock requests and the preparation of outgoing goods or commodities from the warehouse.
- Assist in updating stock cards and stock reports after the reception or dispatch process
- Assist in conducting special management reviews and/or follow-up on audit observations
- Assist in fleet management and prepare required reports accordingly. Such as; fuel ledger report and cost allocation report.
- Assist in working with partner staff to undertake transportation of people and commodities in an efficient and safe way including reviewing documents received from partners for completeness and correctness and facilitating timely support from relevant team members in GC.
- Assist in communicating and corresponding with the local/legal authorities such as; AFAD, TRC, IDEKOM, Customs Officers, and other governance/government authorities to help conducting the GC implementing Projects.
- Assist in the implementation of effective internal control of assets, inventory BIS management, and property management.
- Assist in the communication with local suppliers for the status of purchase orders, claims, and/or complaints.
- Carry out any other related duties as might be reasonably requested by the Supervisor.
- Advance level of IT skill. Especially; Microsoft Office Programs, PODIO, and ERP system.
- Ability to organize & priorities workload independently, using initiative when appropriate.
- Integrity, transparency, and a strong work ethic.
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and team management skills.
- High analytical and reporting skills.
- Available to travel outside of the city to attend a site visit and quality control/check process.
- Ability to solve problems in the field with suppliers.
- Good command of spoken and written Turkish/English. Arabic is an asset.
- Excellent command of excel and other database applications.
- Computer/word processing and standard office software skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A university degree in engineering or a relevant field or a combination of education & working experience in this sector. Master degree is advantaged and preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the operation field such as; management of quality control process, research planning, shipping planning, procurement planning, and storing planning.
- Past work with Private Companies, NGOs, and international donor-funded programs preferred.
We envision a world where everyone has the freedom, means and ability to live and prosper with dignity.
Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
About Global Communities
We don’t tell the community what to do, they tell us.
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself.
We make a difference by engaging with communities, governments, the private sector, and NGOs as partners for good—bringing together complementary strengths and shared responsibilities to work toward common goals.
Global Communities has existed for more than 60 years. Until 2012, we were known as CHF International and, before that, the Cooperative Housing Foundation. We are a non-profit organization.
What distinguishes our work?
The power of what we do lies in our ability to develop relationships that put the people of the community at the forefront of their own development. Enriched by the ability to build trust and understanding, it is our heartfelt focus on community and partnership that distinguishes our work.
Global Communities currently works in more than 20 countries around the world in Africa, Asia, Europe & the Caucasus, Latin America & the Caribbean and the Middle East.