The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization, whose mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants - regardless of faith, race, ethnicity, or nationality. In collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners, and through a worldwide network of members, ICMC implements and advocates for right-based policies and sustainable solutions to address global migration challenges. ICMC’s operations are aimed to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities, and focus on protection, humanitarian assistance, resettlement, migration, and development.
For four decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration to conduct refugee resettlement. Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with the Department of State (DOS), as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) and under a contract with European Asylum Support Office (EASO) to prepare eligible refugee for resettlement to US and European Union Member States. As part of this service, we work with several thousands of refugees and their families each year and take them through each stage of processing that is required for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC also has a sub-office in Beirut, Lebanon.
SCOPE OF WORK
A caseworker position makes the base of the department, performing daily tasks that runs the department. Carrying out the tasks delivered by the Supervisors or Seniors, a Caseworker also coordinates with In-Processing, QMDP, Refugee Information and Communication & Cultural Orientation units to make sure that operation runs smoothly within the RSC.
The Caseworker position is expected to be able to deliver the below impact and contribution to the department. However, depending on the changing needs of the department as well as the capabilities of each individual Caseworker, responsibilities may shift from one to another. The tasks may include but are not limited to the below;
- To work closely with USCIS teams during the circuit rides
- To run quality checks and file reviews to ensure that they are complete and accurate
- To run reports and filters as needed
- To assists in various administrative tasks including but not limited to researching, data entry, physical file updates, filing and case analysis.
- To assist with medical tasks including creating schedules, running quality checks of medical results and follow-up with the refugees as well as with the panel physician depending on the needs of the department.
- To conduct waiver interviews with refugees and/or translate documents as needed.
- To communicate with refugees as and when needed.
- To be vigilant for any activity or trends which may imply malfeasance or abuse of trust and report to management and / or the Risk and Compliance Coordinator.
- To ensure that ICMC’s standards and PRM’s requirements are upheld at all times.
- University Degree.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Fluency in spoken and written Farsi or Arabic is an advantage.
- Experience in working as a team and individually to meet tight deadlines.
- Previous experience working in a multi-cultural environment is an advantage.
- General understanding of the USCIS resettlement process as well as a general understanding of the functionality of partners; IOM, UNHCR, RPC, PRM, panel physicians.
- Conduct work with the highest level of personal and professional integrity. Must comply with and actively promote ICMC's zero tolerance policy with regard to sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment, abuse of power, fraud and corruption in all of its activities and responsibilities.
- Team player: establishing good relations with co-workers is the foremost priority
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work flexibly and creatively under pressure and challenging environment
- Knowledge of MS Office applications and typing skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV of maximum four pages in English, a motivation letter and two professional references with full and up to date contact details via email, to: email@example.com
The Vacancy Notice number TU-IST-22-OUTP-02 and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 24th June 2022.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to a Zero-Tolerance Policy toward sexual exploitation, abuses and all forms of unlawful harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. Screening of applications includes the vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. ICMC may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment will not be recruited.
ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age.
By submitting your application, you agree that ICMC collects and processes the information you provide. Your personal information will only be used for recruitment purposes. Your application will be kept strictly confidential. In any case, your personal information will be stored until the end of the application process and then destroyed in accordance with the relevant legislation if we do not have the opportunity to offer you a position.
If you have sent your personal information to us, we would like to indicate that you have the following rights.
- Learning whether personal data is processed,
- Requesting information if it has been processed, learning the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used appropriately for their purpose,
- To know the third parties to whom personal data are transferred domestically or abroad,
- To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing,
- Requesting the deletion or destruction of personal data,
- Request notification of the processes regarding the correction, deletion, or destruction of personal data to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Object to the occurrence of a result against the person himself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- To request the compensation of the damage in case of damage due to the illegal processing of personal data.
In general, if you have any questions about your personal information, or if you have complaints and / or objections to the processing of your personal information, please contact us via our application address.
Application Address for all ICMC Positions: firstname.lastname@example.org