The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization, whose mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants - regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. In collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners, and through a worldwide network of members, ICMC implements and advocates for right-based policies and sustainable solutions to address global migration challenges. ICMC’s operations are aimed to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities, and focus on protection, humanitarian assistance, resettlement, migration and development.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Out Processing Caseworker is responsible for ensuring that the files are correct and up to date when being presented to USCIS officers, cooperating closely with and assisting officers and other services within and outside ICMC, completing the necessary steps of post USCIS interviews and getting refugees ready for travel.
- To work closely with USCIS teams during the circuit rides, entering USCIS results in the database;
- To run quality checks and file reviews to ensure that they are complete and accurate and to correct any processing errors after USCIS adjudication;
- To assists in various administrative tasks including but not limited to: researching, data entry, physical file updates, filing and case analysis;
- To assist in scheduling refugees for medical appointments and entering medical exam results on the database;
- To coordinate with In-Processing, QMDP, Refugee Information / Communication and Cultural Orientation units to ensure that the operational needs of the refugee processing program are met and high standards of casework are maintained;
- To communicate with refugees as and when needed;
- To establish and maintain good relationships with outreach contacts, with “processing partners” that include UNHCR, IOM and RPC;
- To be vigilant for any activity or trends which may imply malfeasance or abuse of trust and report to management and / or the Risk and Compliance Coordinator;
- To ensure that ICMC’s standards and PRM’s requirements are upheld at all times;
- To perform tasks assigned by the Supervisors and the Head of Resettlement.
- Ability to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity;
- Commitment to safeguard refugee interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest;
- University degree or equivalent;
- Experience in working as a team and individually to meet tight deadlines and manage a heavy caseload efficiently and effectively;
- Ability to cooperate with other units within the Resettlement, services within and outside of ICMC to progress the cases and prepare accurate information for case files;
- Ability to work flexibly and creatively under pressure while still maintaining the focus on the program targets;
- Proven inter-personal skills in relating to colleagues, interpreters and refugees with patience and compassion;
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly to accommodate fluctuating workload and meet tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of MS Office applications and typing skills;
- Written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of Arabic and /or Farsi is an advantage;
- Previous experience working in a multi-cultural environment is an advantage;
HOW TO APPLY
This position is open to Turkish citizens only. References and criminal background checks are required prior to the start of employment. The successful candidate should be in good health and able to work in a setting that requires a high degree of flexibility.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV of maximum four pages in English, a motivation letter and two professional references with full and up to date contact details via email, to our HR Address on the company profile section.
The Vacancy Notice number TU-IST-19-OUT-01 and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12th July 2019
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to a Zero-Tolerance Policy toward sexual exploitation, abuses and all forms of unlawful harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. Screening of applications includes the vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. ICMC may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment will not be recruited.
ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age.
By submitting an application, you agree that ICMC collects and manages the information that you provide. Your personal information will be used for recruitment purposes only. Your application will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Application Address: firstname.lastname@example.org