Job Title: Outreach Officer
Project Location: İstanbul,Turkey
About Maya Vakfı
MayaVakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-socialsupport (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experiencedtraumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions,domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence.Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the BalatField Office through creative workshops which give opportunities for thesechildren to express themselves through art, music, dance and movementactivities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also placesgreat importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into theeducation system through its TraumaInformed Schools Program. Strengtheningthe knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector isenhanced through Capacity BuildingInitiatives and through its VolunteerProgram Maya Vakfı provides training, support and mentoring tovolunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
- Raise awareness through informatives sessions in officials and çivil society members anout services and referral mechanisms.
- Establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with local authorities, muhtars, community leaders, and / or imams in the neighbourhoods in the area of responsibility
- Raise awareness in beneficiaries about services during house visits.
- Facilitate discussions and carry out surveys at household level to determine needs and interests of communities for information sessions
- Any other duties as agreed with the Project coordinator
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Strong command of spoken Arabic and Turkish is essential for this position.
- Good communication skills and ability to speak with individuals among the refugee community as well as all protection actors in the field respectfully.
- Good organization and reporting skills.
- Energy to work long hours and be working with the community all day.
- Positive attitude, team player, and willingness to learn.
- Previous experience in a similar position in an NGO.
- University degree in Social Sciences (Social Work, Pyschology, etc )
- Good command of Turkish (written and oral).
- Knowledge of Arabic and English are preffered.
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter to provided in the apply/başvur button referring to the position they are applying for by February 16th, 2020.