General Description of the Programme
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organization has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalized migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Overview of the role
The main function of this position is to ensure that the Partners and sub-grantees of the GOAL Turkey-Syria Programmes are fully compliant with GOAL and its donors’ rules and regulations. He/She will work across all departments of our Partners including programs, finance, logistics, HR and GOAL’s internal partnership support team, and will work under the supervision of the Senior Partners Compliance Officer.
To stay informed of and ensure adherence to the standard of GOAL and Donor procedures and policies in relation to Logistics, Finance, HR and Programs as set out in the following:
- GOAL Donor Compliance Manual
- GOAL Partnership Manual
- GOAL Logistics Manual & GOAL Syria Procurement & Authorization Levels Chart
- GOAL Syria finance procedures and policies
- GOAL’s Training guidelines
- GOAL Turkey HR Manual
- GOAL Grant Management Guidelines
- GOAL Dublin HQ interim / final report checklists
- HQ Safety & Security policies & GOAL Turkey Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Monitoring partner compliance with GOAL policies-procedures and donor rules and guidance throughout the lifecycle of our work with the partner including;
- Assisting in completing partner pre-award assessments in coordination with Partnership Coordinator and Grants Manager.
- Assisting CC and SPCO in the reviewing of partner PFA’s, from a donor perspective.
- Assisting in development of a partner capacity building plan in coordination with CC and SPCO.
- Monthly review of partner financial reports and backup documentation to confirm the eligibility of spend in coordination with SPCO.
- Monitor capital equipment purchased by partners.
- Monitor partner suppliers’ activities.
- Monitor partner distributions activities.
- Review Visual Compliance (Anti-Terrorist Check) for GOAL’s Partners.
- Communicating to partners for any issues and assisting them in resolving issues of non-compliance.
- Review and reconcile stage payments to partners/sub-grantees.
- Assisting with GMMs / meetings and compliance trainings with partner organizations, as part of the capacity building plan.
- Maintaining a good relationship with GOAL’s partners and answering any donor compliance queries they might have.
- Reviewing Financial reports for donor compliance criteria, prior to submission.
- Liaise with CC and SPCO to ensure compliance across all partners of GOAL Syria and Turkey - Humanitarian partners.
- Timely and effective communication and filing of all results and findings of the above.
- File maintenance and administration tasks as required.
- Facilitate both internal and external audits in coordination with SPCO as required.
- Assisting SPCO to conduct any ad-hoc compliance and financial investigation assignments as requested by the Compliance Coordinator, ACDS, CD and/or IA Coordinator, Roving Internal Auditors or HQ Compliance Department.
- Any other tasks as requested by SPCO/CC.
Requirements (Person Specification)
- University graduate, background in, management, administration, finance or related field.
- At least 2 years working in Humanitarian sector (INGO/NGO) prefer Finance/Compliance experience (audit experience an advantage).
- Previous experience in working with Partners, and knowledge of donors (ECHO, DFID, EU, USAID, BPRM) is an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to learn new systems and IT software quickly and effectively.
- Organized and flexible, ability to respond in changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, assess risk and make plans accordingly.
- Prepared to work in insecure environments.
- Flexible and creative approach with a proven ability to resolve issues and identify solutions;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work when under pressure;
- Attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills while interacting with colleagues and partners.
- Previous experience training others an advantage.
- English language is essential, Arabic and Turkish are advantage.
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multinational country team, and capable of working under pressure.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the button below and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will remain open until the position is filled. The interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households. GOAL worked in Turkey in 2015-2016 to respond to the Health needs of Syrians in Turkey and will resume programming in Turkey in 2018 with a focus on Protection needs.
- Community Access Officer
- Child Corner Worker Gaziantep
- Child Corner Worker, Şanlıurfa
- Receptionist , Şanlıurfa
- Receptionist , Gaziantep
- Psychologist , Gaziantep
- Psychologist , Sanlıurfa
- Social Services Officer, Gaziantep
- Child Corner Worker , Adana
- Accountability Assistant , Adana
- Protection Legal Counselor, Adana
- Psychologist, Adana
- Receptionist , Adana
- Deputy Program Manager based in Adana
- Statutory Services Officer based in Adana