Doctors Worldwide Turkey is looking for a Patient Guide for WHO supported Project for Refugee Health Centers.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey is an international humanitarian aid organization who serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health-based development programs over 40 countries worldwide.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey will support the WHO Refugee Health Program to improve access to health services for Syrian refugees by implementing operations and outreach activities in Istanbul, Gaziantep, and Şanlıurfa.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide translation support for the reports and documents used in the healthcare process of patients;
- Inform patients comprehensively and understandably about the procedures which will be performed or which has been performed under the guidance of the relevant documents and healthcare providers; assist in registration by signing this issue by the parties;
- Inform healthcare providers about the patients’ socio-cultural values and sensitivities, if requested;
- Welcome patients and their accompanies, if necessary, and guide them to their registration and service processes;
- Provide translation, communication and guidance services as assigned;
- Abide by DWWT codes of conduct;
- Perform any other duties as assigned;
- Teamwork: To develop and promote effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: To produce and deliver quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; the candidate is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seek to learn, share knowledge and be innovative;
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for their own action and delegated work;
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way;
All DWWT staff members must abide by and demonstrate three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respect and promote individual and cultural
differences; encourage diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate the ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Fluency in Turkish and Arabic is required (certificate is a plus);
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology, hospital setting, and clinical practices;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Excellent bilingual communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Solid understanding of patient needs and medical crisis;
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Compassionate and sensitive to patients’ needs and concerns;
- 1 year of experience in the related field;
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.