Position Title: Photo-videographer
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Duration: Seven days’ worth level of effort
Reports to: Senior Project Manager. Technical Line to Communication and Reporting Officer
Relief International (RI) specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France, and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
In the mist of the COVID-19 outbreak which affects Turkey since March 2020, RI has engaged in supporting the population the most in need by providing them with food baskets and hygiene kits in order to ensure they have the ability to respond to their immediate basic needs. In June and July 2020, RI will implement a distribution in Istanbul to benefit of Syrian refugees and host communities.
To the purpose of showcasing RI’s efforts to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak, RI seeks to hire a photo-videographer to document the distribution of food baskets and hygiene kits in Istanbul. The consultant will be expected to highlight RI’s intervention and impact on the lives of beneficiaries through photos, videos and human stories.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
By joining the teams of professionals who will conduct aid basket distributions the consultant will be expected to:
- Capture high resolution images of RI’s COVID-19 response activities in Istanbul through pictures and videos;
- Collect short interviews/stories with aid basket recipient refugees, RI staff and RI partners;
- Obtain consent from individuals featured in the photographs using RI’s consent form;
- A collection of 60 high quality photographs, each depicting unique people (photos featuring same individuals will be considered duplication);
- The photos will all be accompanied by brief captions relating to the subject of the picture and an explanatory sheet with background information (date, country, city/region, project, name and role of the person on the photo if applicable).
- At least 3 stories that document the project activities, based on the quotes and/or interviews with refugees, RI and partners’ staff, featuring photographs of refugees, staff and donation items.
- At least 1 short videos of the distribution.
Project Locations to be covered
The consultant will engage in visits alongside RI and partners staff. The distribution will happen in Istanbul. Districts are not yet defined but the consultant will receive the distribution plan and will organize the visits accordingly.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Photographer with demonstrated experience in working in humanitarian sector;
- Experience in videography
- Knowledge of photo and video editing;
- Experience in developing short human interest stories
- Excellent communication skills;
- An interest in humanitarian, development, and related issues;
- Good English skills (verbal/written); capacity to engage in Turkish and/or Arabic preferred
The consultant is expected to have a high resolution digital camera and any other necessary equipment to deliver the expected outputs.
All information pertaining to the project (audio, digital, project documents, etc.) captured and developed as per consultant duties under this consultancy shall remain the property of RI who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever form without written permission of RI. RI will have copyright over the materials produced by the service provider.
Contractual Arrangements and Supervision
Within the agreed period, the Consultant will be hired under RI terms of contract and supervised by RI solely for delivering the above outputs. RI as the client shall provide necessary support to the Service Provider in order to execute the assignment during the duration of the consultancy. These shall include:
- Access to relevant project sites necessary for execution of the duties under this consultancy;
- Provide necessary forms that the consultant will utilize to collect consent from refugees and or staff.
Equipment for the Assignment
No equipment will be purchased or provided by RI. Any equipment needed to complete this assignment will be provided by the consultant.
- Payment will be released upon RI’s acceptance of the deliverables.
- RI will not provide accommodation, transportation (including transportation to and from project locations within and between cities), per diem or any other kind of allowances. The consultant should include these costs in the Service Provider’s rate.
- The service provider’s payment shall be based on the financial proposal developed for this consultancy.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, financial proposal, and portfolio of past work (photo, video, stories) by June 12, 2020 via email to Apply Buton with the subject line: RI Distribution Photo-videographer
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation