|Position:||Position: Physical Rehabilitation Technical Supervisor|
|Country/City of Assignment:||Turkey/Hatay|
|Reporting Lines||a) Reports to: b) Supervises:|
1. Job Summary
The Physical Rehabilitation Technical Supervisor will be responsible to technically supervise other Physiotherapists and Rehabilitation Workers to ensure the rehabilitation services are delivered to the highest quality possible. The responsibilities will include training and supervision of the rehabilitation team in three different centers and mobile teams.
The Technical Supervisor will be based in southern Turkey (Hatay) with frequent travel between field sites for assessments, support, trainings, etc. as needed.
2. Responsibilities & Tasks:
The Technical Supervisor shall work closely with the Rehabilitation Coordinator (RC) and is technical referent to ensure technical quality and coherence of the physical rehabilitation activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Technical referent person of the rehabilitation capacity development measures.
• In coordination with the RC, the Technical Supervisor shall represent MSYD-ASRA in sector working group, if any.
• Regularly visit all sites and provide technical support
• Define process of assessing technical capacity of technical staff working with the rehabilitation team.
• Develop and implement the capacity development plan, measure outcome and impact of capacity development measure in terms of gain in skills and knowledge, change in clinical practices.
• Develop training materials on disability and rehabilitation in general for non-service providers working with other organizations.
• In collaboration with other staff, s/he shall ensures the quality aspect of the rehabilitation program.
• Design and/or contextualize and/or update technical tools, protocols, trainings, leaflets and other relevant documents and disseminate them among the mission upon prior validation by HQ or other relevant people.
• In collaboration with MEAL develop tool/ methodology to measure level of satisfaction of client, performance of supported care house/rehabilitation centre etc.
Logistics and Procurement
• Ensure proper technical description for rehabilitation is devices is provided for procurement.
• Lead in quality assurance development and validate the quality devices being delivered whether it’s acceptable or not acceptable in all sites.
Information, Education and Communication
• Provide technical inputs for developing technical and visibility information, education and communication materials as per project requirements.
The above statement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position.
• Licensed Physiotherapist or Occupational therapist essential
• Experience of implementing a project in physiotherapy of persons with injuries in conflict situation (experience of war wounded care management mandatory) is an asset
• Familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors, UN agencies, and other NGOs
• Strong in procurement planning, indicator tracking, etc. for large programs is preferred
• Cross-cultural awareness and insight into disability issues
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision
• Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations, as well as manage competing tasks and a high workload.
• Ability to relate to and motivate expat and local staff effectively.
• Creative and able to work with limited resources.
• Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Understanding of current thinking on disability programming
• Demonstrated understanding of UNCRPD, and other UN guidelines on disability related issues, such as wheelchairs, P&O etc
• Experience of community development and setting up of community-based programs
• Strong good staff management skills
• Preferably experience with Disabled Peoples organizations
• Understanding of rights based programming
• Strong oral and written English is required and fluency in Arabic is a plus.