Who we are?
IDA is an international independent non-governmental organization providing medical and humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflicts, natural disasters and epidemics regardless of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
IDA was founded in 2012 by Syrian doctors from Aleppo in response to the healthcare and humanitarian crisis in Syria.
IDA Syria is the main healthcare provider in Northern Aleppo/Syria area, working closely with 500,000 IDPs and 700,000 host community through 20 healthcare facility and other health and nutrition projects
During last year, IDA has provided 1.2 million services in Heath, Nutrition, WaSH and Camp Management
Those who are shortlisted shall be invited to attend online interviews
- Work with patients who have a range of conditions, including neurological, neuromusculoskeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory, sometimes over a period of weeks;
- Diagnose, assess and treat their physical problem/condition;
- Develop and review treatment programmes that encourage exercise and movement by the use of a range of techniques;
- Involve parents and carers in the treatment, review and rehabilitation of patients;
- Educate patients and their carers about how to prevent and/or improve conditions;
- Write patient case notes and reports and collect statistics;
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals to exchange information about the background and progress of patients, as well as to refer patients who require other medical attention;
- Keep up to date with new techniques and technologies available for treating patients;
- Supervise physiotherapy workers.
- Certificate of Physical Therapy University/Medical Institute
- A course in teaching and guiding the patient in how to deal with his/her condition as a partner in the treatment
- Minimum of three years of experience as a physical therapist
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office)
- Complying with IDA Code of Conduct and PSEA Policies
- Female candidates are highly encourged to apply
Independent Doctors Association does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, and committed to acting professionally and ethically.
Independent Doctors Association is zero tolerable with any SEA case, IDA is creating the best environment to make sure that all staff have understood SEA and how to report in case there is any suspected case