Vacancy Notice Number:
Portal Data Assistant
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G5)– with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
08 October 2021
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
Under the overall supervision of Head of Sub-Office – East, Southeast, Mediterranean (ESEM) Region of Turkey and the direct supervision of the Information Management Officer, the incumbent will support all activities related to IOM Turkey Portal that includes training of staff on the usage of IOM Turkey Portal, providing technical support to IOM Turkey Staff, testing and documenting new modules of IOM Turkey Portal, performing quality check of the encoded data and preparing reports.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, enter and analyze data received from mission units and sub-offices into its corresponding database, follow up on pending data with all departments (sub-office and main office).
- Coordinate with program managers and staff in all related matters to the Portal, Communicate with Program managers in order to collect data and do a follow up on data collection and gathering information.
- Identify inconsistencies, inaccuracies and omissions in data submitted by sub-offices and communicate proactively with sub-offices to ensure accurate data submission;
- Operate databases currently being implemented by the mission and encode data verifying accuracy and integrity;
- Resolve data entry issues and provide information to sub-offices or main office on common challenges and questions in coordination with other team members, Assist staff with questions and difficulties and document the questions for the Information management unit.
- Assist in the development of training materials and participate in training of IOM staff and new hired staff. This includes training of new employees proper data entry procedure, orienting them in organization policies, and integrating them smoothly into organization operations.
- Attend organizational meetings and represent the Portal Support Team, Travel to sub-offices as required providing guidance on data entry and system use,
- Adhere to data protection policies following procedures put in place for requests for data changes.
- Perform strict quality control during data encoding and make rectifications to format errors, spelling or grammar mistakes duplicate entries as needed;
- Support development team in delivering high quality products, Support main software testing actives - test analysis, test design, test execution, and reporting
- Create and keep updated a set of test scenarios and cases
- Schedule and conduct software reviews, Perform unit and integration tests and resolve any resulting issues/bugs.
- Support user acceptance test and communicate between users and Portal development team.
- Recommend software quality improvements
- Test and track the new changes in the system and create a proper referral system and documentation
- Assist in collecting data and information to produce statistical reports for internal and external use of mission departments, units and other identified stakeholders, as requested.
- Designs reports and includes tools that can help end users easily digest the data, such as statistics, graphs, images and lists.
- Distributes reports via shared software, email, chat, or online or a face-to-face meeting presentation.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Computer Science, Media or Social Sciences or any discipline related to Information Management from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrate good understanding of data management concepts such as data collection, collation and data reporting and is able to cascade to other team members;
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of Ms. Word, Ms. Excel (reporting functionality), PowerPoint, Access, Visualization Tools (Power BI etc.);
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of writing QA document and system Testing report. Three years professional experience in Data Collection, Information Management, Data Analysis and Quality Control of data;
- Experience in the management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analyzing data to generate information product;
- Knowledge of Testing applications and Quality control.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of Turkish is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
• Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
• Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
• Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency:
• Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
• Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
• Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
• Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
• Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
•Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
•Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 08 October 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- On-call Interpreter
- HR Intern
- Finance Assistant (Compliance)
- Field Security Assistant (SSAFE)
- Project Assistant (Livelihood)
- Project Assistant (Agriculture)
- HR Assistant
- National Officer (Protection & Psychosocial)
- On Call Project Assistant (Outreach)
- Project Assistant (Outreach) - re-advertised
- Medical Escort (Physician) – On-call basis
- Medical Escort (Psychiatrist) – On-call basis
- Medical Escort (Nurse) - On-Call Basis
- Data Processing Assistant
- Data Processing Assistant
- Data Processing Assistant
- Data Processing Assistant
- Migration Health Nurse
- Migration Health Nurse
- Project Assistant (Special Education)
- Project Assistant (CBCM)
- Senior Project Assistant (MHPSS)- re-advertised
- Project Assistant (Social Services)
- Project Assistant (Community Support and Social Activities)
- Project Assistant (Education)
- Project Assistant (Vocational Guidance)
- Project Assistant (Health)
- Project Field Coordinator
- Logistics Assistant
- Project Assistant
- Senior Project Assistant (Psychosocial Support)- re-advertised
- National Project Officer (Food Security)
- National Project Officer (Early Recovery and Livelihood)
- Senior Project Assistant (Early Recovery and Livelihood)
- Senior Project Assistant (Food Security)