Vacancy Notice Number:
Procurement and Logistics Assistant re-advertised
5 months Special Short Term Ungraded Contract- with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
22 August 2022
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Procurement/Logistics Officer and the direct supervision of Head of Sub Office, the incumbent will be responsible in providing support in various procurement and logistics activities in accordance with IOM rules, procedures and regulations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research of the local market for procurement of goods or services requested by programmes as well as for office premises and equipment maintenance.
- Execute procurement processes that include requesting bids, preparing bids analyses, purchase orders, receiving reports and requests for payments.
- Assist in reviewing procurement documents to determine adequacy of documentation, proper recording and accuracy of recorded transactions, noting any deviations or errors.
- Prepare tendering documentation, review pertinent required tender documents and eligibility criteria, ensuring compliance with IOM Procurement policies and procedures.
- Maintain all supporting documentation and requisite authorizations in accordance with IOM rules and regulations throughout the procurement process, including Purchase Requisition Forms (PRFs), Bids Analysis Summary, Purchase Orders, and Delivery Receipts and Way Bills.
- Ensure that the procurements made in the field are all properly documented and are in accordance with any contracting arrangements in place.
- Liaise with LEG (Legal) and GPSU for Implementing Partner (IP) agreements and amendment processing in accordance with IOM Procurement principles, rules and regulations.
- Examine received goods or services compliance with ordered specifications and quality, including visits to programs activities sites for verifications and quality control of ordered/delivered goods and services.
- In coordination with Gaziantep Procurement and Logistics and Warehouse, ensure that goods are properly received, stored, dispatched and accounted for as per IOM warehousing procedures, including preparation of relevant documents such as Receiving Reports and Waybills, conducting quantity and visual quality checks, and updating records in the IOM Türkiye portal on timely basis.
- Support in the maintenance of office and personnel assets inventory.
- Support in the vehicles, office premises and equipment maintenance.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in procurement and logistics to timely source goods and services;
- Proficiency in MS office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Effectively works with vendors and service providers to secure cost-effective quality solutions;
- Experience in international operations in a post conflict environment is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Integrity and transparency:
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Türkiye will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 22 August 2022
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- On-Call Interpreter (Arabic-English)
- Project Assistant (Health)
- Project Assistant (Livelihood)
- Procurement and Logistics Assistant
- National Procurement Officer
- Procurement Intern
- Project Assistant (Case Management)
- Project Assistant (Case Management/M&E)-re-advertised
- Finance Assistant (Budget)-re-advertised
- Project Assistant (Livelihood)-re-advertised
- Consultant (Information Risk Management)
- Administrative and Finance Assistant