I - PositionSummary
TheLogistics and Procurement Officer position is part of the program support department and the position exists to directly support the procurement and logistics functions and requirements as part of the country office supply chain management. This includes the management of the organization’s assets, procurement and logistics, and supply chain management.
Specifically, the Logistics and Procurement Officer will assist the Logistics Coordinator to manage and support both the CARE and partner’s assets, storage, warehousing, and complete supply chain management to ensure the effective implementation of projects. The position is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of logistics & procurement needs of CARE Turkey office and also providing support to other departments.
The position reports to the Procurement and Logistics Manager with a dotted-line to the LogisticsCoordinator for all the logistics and warehouse functions, and also works closely with the procurement team.
II – Responsibilities
Job Responsibility #1 Effective Management of CO’s Assets:
- Receiving of all new procured assets from vendors as per the approved Purchase Orders;
- Coordinating with the Procurement Unit and the Logistics Coordinator to prepare all the necessary documents to record the asset’s details as per the procurement document and submit to the Logistics Coordinator for assigning CARE Assets ID Tag;
- Maintain a proper filing of all documents related to CARE’s Assets (New, Old, lost, stolen items etc.)
- Be a Custodian of all CO Assets and ensure that these are properly and physically secured under lock and key;
- Prepare the necessary of Assets Handover form and submit to the Logistics Coordinator for endorsement before assigning any assets to staff;
- Collect physically all assets from the staff at the time leaving CARE verifying record with Asset Master Register
- Assist Logistics Coordinator in conducting of the physical count of CO Assets and property reconciliation report for all the CARE offices (the main offices in GZT, Urfa, Ankara, and other locations)
Job Responsibility #2: Management of Food & Non-Food Store/Warehouse
- Receiving of Project materials from the vendors and ensure proper storage of Food and Non-Food Items in the storage rooms located in the GZT offices;
- Maintain proper store/warehouse record keeping and initiate to dispatch from the warehouse/store as per the approved Distribution Plan
- Ensure that all Waybill/Dispatch Order is completed and signed and ensure the acknowledgment of receipts by the program teams;
- Coordinating with Logistics Coordinator and with partner organizations and advice on all supply chain management processes to ensure effective and accountable management process;
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator and the Procurement Team in order to ensure the supply chain process is managed well by CARE Turkey;
- In coordination with the Logistics Coordinator, assist partners to establish warehouses systems and ensure appropriate warehouse management procedures in line with required standards
Job Responsibility #3 Other Logistics and Procurement Functions
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator in arranging the transportation of food Non-Food commodities (CIK) for handing over to different partner NGOs;
- Through the Logistics Coordinator, Coordinate with TRC and other local authorities in obtaining approval for any shipment, clearance etc;
- Assist in arranging of handover commodities/relief materials to Partners at the zero points (at the Syrian Border);
- Ensure the Quality of the Goods / Distribution are done as per the required standards and are fully documented;
- Maintain a proper filling of all documents for future audit and record keeping;
- Visit Field Offices as and when required to support the Field Office’s operations;
- Assist Partner NGOs in the Storage and Warehouse management
- As and when needed in consultation with the Logistics Coordinator, provide support and monitoring for transport, storage, and distribution to staff in the field at the various sub-offices;
- Assist Logistics Coordinator for clearing of relief materials from Customs Office to support CARE and Partner NGOs; j. % of time
- With the technical assistance of Procurement Officers ensuring proper tracking of Online/Offline Purchase Requisition and provide feedback to the requester for any further clarification before preparing of RFQ;
- Updating of Procurement Tracking register in coordination with the Procurement Officers and Procurement and Logistics Manager;
- Assisting Procurement Officers and Procurement and Logistics Manager in preparation of RFQs;
- Preparing Summary of Bid Analysis (SBA) and share with Procurement Officers for verification;
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly procurement status reports for all purchases;
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best terms of service including price, delivery, payments and after-sales service.
- Assist project management for preparing of “Good Receiving Notes “GRNs”
- Take initiative for procuring of all goods and services valued below USD 500 as per the Procurement Policy in consultation of Requesters, Procurement Officers, and Procurement and Logistics Manager
- Preparing the checklist for procurement with complete documents and submitting to the finance department for payments.
- 2 – 3-year experience in Administration, Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Experience managing Assets, Procurement processes, and Logistics operations
- Knowledge of procurement, logistics, and supply chain management system and procedures
- Good communication and writing skills
- Good networking capability
- Ability to organize and facilitate training sessions
- English speaking skills
- Knowledge and skills: Knowledge of care policies and procedures, Sphere and the Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct
Good Arabic Language Skills ( Both written and spoken)
2 to 3-year experience in the not-for-profit organization with experience in complex emergency environments
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, to the following e-mail address: TURCAREHR@care.org
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
“Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates“
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer**