The Day After is a Syrian-led organization that works for democratic transition in Syria. TDA works with its partners among Syrian CSOs and international human rights organizations to influence Syrian and non-Syrian stakeholders for the favor of the democratic transition and to keep transitional justice and accountability as a high priority during transition.
Through its programs, TDA aims at strengthening the capacity of key civil society actors working on transitional justice and rule of law as well as representatives of victims of human rights and amplifying their voices within policy debates through developing widely supported, evidence-based recommendations and channeling them to the negotiating parties and other stakeholders. We pursue this mission simultaneously through “bottom-up” and “top-down” strategies to ensure that transitional justice is not dropped off the negotiations. In addition of ensuring that relevant stakeholders are informed and demonstrate deep understanding and support of accountability and transitional justice related issues, TDA aims at empowering the local communities to be resilient and adopt principles of transitional justice.
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Reported to: Finance Manager
Job Location: Istanbul-Turkey
Responsible for all purchases and contracts, whether with suppliers, companies, or people, in addition to all project logistics, coordinating all financial and logistical matters related to training, preparing reports , and archiving all documents regard the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain comprehensive procurement files, including solicitation, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts, and correspondence on all procurements, following policies and local law.
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to or needs of the project.
- Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Process procurements according to respective rules and regulations.
- Compile and review budgets, solicited quotations, negotiations, and analysis to recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Verify deliveries are complete and done in timely manner.
- Ensure prompt update of the procurement files into procurement database.
- Respond to procurement/logistics requests related to supplies, materials for project activities,
- Handle all email, mail and phone general inquiries and requests for information and materials.
- Collect departmental logistical updates for monthly organization report.
- Assist with ordering supplies and copy room inventory as needed.
- Assist with trip expense reports and provide support assistance, and perform other duties, as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experiences:
Bachelor’s degree in Business administration or any relevant area.
- At least one-year experience in similar field
- High skills in using Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint ...)
- Fluently in Arabic, English and Turkish languages spoken and written.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Self-motivating and able to work on initiative.
- Respect confidentiality and data protection.
- Be positive about working in a changing and challenging environment
- Good communication skills.
- Email writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- High Organizational skills.
How To Apply:
The Interested applicants are kindly requested to press apply then fill the application with required information
We have an equal opportunity and inclusive and we encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. We do not and will not discriminate based on age, race, nationality or citizenship, gender expression or identity, religion, economic background, disability, or sexual orientation.