Title: Procurement Coordinator
Department: NWS Operations
Location: T u r k e y
Reporting to: NWS Operations Manager (SCOManager)
Technical reports: NWS Operations Manager(SCO Manager) Budget responsibility :TBD
ABOUT Relief International:
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI -US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
Procurement Coordinator will work under the supervision of the SCO Manager, providing procurement, & administrative support for RI’s NWS operations and Syria programming, including management of procurement processes,contracts and framework agreement. In addition to the reporting. Procurement Coordinator will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Relief International and not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Daily coordination of RI procurement activities of NW hub in both Turkey and Syria;
- Ensure that the procurement function supports the programs efficiently and compliantly in a timely manner.
- Follow up on the streamline of all procurements including main tenders and other procurements, report to SCO Manager for potential delays and challenges.
- Ability to take initiative and guide on the right processes, encounter any challenges those caused delays on time deliveribles of the procurement. Provide regular updates to the SCO Manager.
- Have full understanding of RI procurement policies, processes and formats and apply them to all the procurement you manage directly or oversee them.
- Maintain contract tracker to take timely actions on the launch of new tender well before the existing FWAs/contracts expires.
- Enforce proper use of procurement ceilings and approval procedures. Makes sure the approved internal threshold are compliant with and the same applied by the team he supvervise directly or supporting his counter parts in the hubs.
- Manage international procurements in coordination with the hubs. Take lead on the medical procurement for NWS.
- Makes sure the international procurement orders are carried out taking into consideration the international standards and requirement on the shipment clearances.
- Liaise with relvent focal points on the requirement and receiving needed approval as it transit through countries before reaching final destination in Syria.
- Ensure all procurements are carried out in consideration of RI internal gudelines as well as donor regulations. Moreover, continue to provide guidance to staff working under direct supervision to adhere to both internal and external standard guide lines.
- Ensure all donor certification requirements are met on each medical procurements (GMP-CE etc)
- Assist SCO Manager to manage and oversee the EDD (Enhance Due Deligence) for the supplier, conduct the background check, carry out the EDD check for suppliers and produce the report.
- Support SCO Manager with the procurement review, analyse and capacity building of RI partners on procurements and over all supply chain management.
- Assist Program and Operational personnel in regular procurement planning meetings.
- Assists staff as needed on timely completion of purchase requests and other documentation;
- Oversee the gathering of quotations and bids from the market for PR -s as – as per RI standards and formats;
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Programs & Operations Managers;
- Ensures that the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to RI standards.
- Regularly produces purchase status and completed purchases reports using the Ongoing PR Master-list and PRs Tracker.
- Ensures that the procurement filing system is in place and in accordance with the Procurement filing procedures as outlined in the Procurement Manual.
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure that payments to vendors are made on-time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial sy stems of RI
- Maintain file on market prices for commonly bought items.
- Establish preferred supplier agreements for commonly used items
- Ensure the all procurement related trackers are up to date on weekly basis.(PR tracker, contract tracker, tender tracker, procurement plan etc.)
- Have close follow up on Procurement Plan, notify SCO MANAGER and Program MGR for potential delays or challenges.
- All other duties might assigned by SCO MANAGER.
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Degree in a relevant business field is desired;
- 6 years of experience which 5 years in large-scale medical commodities tendering processes. Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel;
- Excellent oral and written English skills;
- Excellent oral and written Arabic skills;
- Turkish language skill not mandatory but it's an addition
- High-level computer skills on MS Office programs especially Excel;
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities;
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and USAID/ ECHO donor compliance is essential.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- Good spoken and written English
- Computer literate and strong organizational skills
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
RI Has a zero-tolerance policy towards any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation, abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption, and fraud. RI also adheres to strict safeguarding principles.
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to email@example.com before June 12, 2023 stating in the subject “**Procurement Coordinator**“ All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply