Job title: Procurement Officer
Job code: TR-SC-0006
Application closure date: 31/10/2021
Duration of the contract: 6 Months (2 months Probation) with the ability of extension
Location: Gaziantep - Turkey
Sector: Support unit
Availability to start: As soon as possible.
Turkish nationality is preferable
Takaful Al Sham Charity is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict-affected population.
Takaful Al Sham Charity partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programs, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
1. Provide and follow up all necessary goods and services for TAS organization and TAS projects to facilitate the work.
2. Preparing the required documents, verifying the integrity of financial documents and adhering to the purchasing procedures followed in accordance with the TAS system.
3. Archiving hard copies of all quotations and purchase orders (soft and hard cpoies), contracts and tenders and ensuring that all purchase documents are present and documented in an appropriate and easy to access.
4. Assist to make clear and understandable purchase requisitions by providing comprehensive price quotes, databases and other documents.
5. Assist and support the programs and TAS organization to develop purchase plans and update the general procurement plan every three months.
6. Travel to field sites to provide quotes to suppliers, receive quotes, sign purchase orders and contracts with vendors / suppliers and facilitate all procurement and bidding.
7. Ensure confidentiality of all specifications and quotations provided by sellers / suppliers.
8. Ensure fair competition and equal opportunity for sellers / suppliers and strict adherence to procurement rules.
9. Prepare contracts for sellers / suppliers and obtain approval for purchase documents from the concerned authorities.
10. Receive goods or services from vendors / suppliers and ensure that they match the required quality and that they are delivered to the correct location safely and within the agreed time frame for services and field goods.
11. Polite reception, fair and equal treatment of all sellers / suppliers and their representatives, and avoiding any inconvenience when requesting quotations or returning goods.
12. Clear explanation of sellers / suppliers for reason for refusing offers / bids.
13. Not to benefit or build a personal relationship with sellers / suppliers during the work period under any conditions.
14. Preparing the database of contractors and suppliers and updating them periodically.
15. Develop and submit proposals to develop procurement policies, tenders and services, and follow up on audit findings and logistical gaps that need to be developed.
1. Submit regular periodic reports to logistic coordinator.
2. Any other tasks assigned to it by the logistic coordinator in logistic work.
Qualification (Education/Work Experience/Languages)
1. Minimum three years’ experience in procurement work.
2. Prefer to be university degree in business administration, economics.
3. Work under pressure and High flexibility.
4 An advanced level in computer skills
5. Good level of English (reading and writing), preferably speak Turkish.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Takaful Al-sham is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Takaful Al-sham's employees and volunteers are obligated not to practice sexual exploitation and abuse, in exchange for the services they provide, in addition to assuming their responsibilities to protect children from harm and abuse and to ensure a safe environment for them, and to work to create a safe work environment for everyone free from any form of harassment, abuse, exploitation or misconduct during work that diminishes the dignity and safety of the volunteer or employee.