Job Title: Procurement Officer
MAYA VAKFI is seeking a highlymotivated individual to join our team as a Procurement Officer at our MainOffice.
Project Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Project Duration: 9 months
About Maya Vakfı
MayaVakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-socialsupport (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experiencedtraumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions,domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence.Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the BalatField Office through creative workshops which give opportunities for thesechildren to express themselves through art, music, dance and movementactivities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also placesgreat importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into theeducation system through its TraumaInformed Schools Program. Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civilsociety sector is enhanced through CapacityBuilding Initiatives and finally, through its Volunteer Program Maya provides training, support and mentoring tovolunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
· Lead the implementation andmonitoring of all procurement related activities to support Maya Vakfi’sprograms
· Perform as a team leader tothe procurement/logistics unit
· Overall responsibility inmanaging and ensuring compliance in procurement including but not limited tocreating and maintaining systems and procedures for procurement; supply andcontracting of good and services (including lease agreements); stock managementand asset control
· Ensure accurate documentationand record keeping in relation to all Purchase Orders and Goods Received Notes(GRN)
· Conducting regular market priceanalysis and identifying/evaluating vendors performance on a regular basis.
· Act as a focal point withdonor and partner procurement focal points
· Undertake any other dutieswithin the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned by the ProgramDirector or General Director
Qualifications, Experience andAttributes
· Undergraduate universitydegree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics or a related field
· At least 3 years of experiencein a similar role with at least 1-2 years’ experience working withinternational and national NGOs in Turkey
· Experience creating, draftingand adhering to procurement systems/procedures for NGOs
· Experience working withvendors and service providers
· High level of computerliteracy (MS Office Word and Excel)
· Fluency in Turkish and workingknowledge of English is a must.
· Experience with draftingfinancial reports, budget management and cash-flow management
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV anda Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to the position theyare applying for by November 30th, 2018.