Main Objectives of the Position
· Manages the Procurement for three of our regional offices in Urfa and Hatay.
Functional and Hierarchical Lines
· Reports hierarchically and functionally to Project Management and Procurement in Istanbul and to the program coordinator.
· Logistic officers in the two sub-offices report to this position of Procurement Officer.
KeyResponsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Responsible for procurement of goods and services in a timely manner an in line with YYD and donor regulations.
· Under close liaison with Logistics Managers in the sub-offices ensures that all procurements are conducted with the best cost-performance ratio available locally and/or nation wide
· Provides samples of requested goods or takes requestor to the respective vendor to check on quality of available goods whenever deemed necessary
· Ensures the daily update of Procurement Tracking Sheet and shares it with Program as well as provides updates on the status of procurements whenever requested
· Responsible for drafting and maintaining up-to-date vendor lists
· Ensures that all procured items are delivered in a timely manner to Hatay and Urfa
· In close liaison with the accounting officer, ensures a timely and planned payment to the respect vendors
· Ensures that all procurement related documents are filed correctly according to IMC rules and regulations
· Undertakesconstant communication with program and operational staff to ensure that procured items match with requests
· Delegate those tasks as deemed necessary and in line with his/her job description to the staff under positions supervision in a reasonable and ethical manner
· Identifies staffing gaps as well as training needs in procurement team and communicate them to both HR, the Program Officer, and Istanbul HQ.